• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

3 HIV DRUGS WITH POSSIBLE EFFICACY AGAINST XMRV, by Mindy Kitei

Stone

Great article and in a format that works well for my CFS brain. Thanks so much!

Jeez, liverock. You're impatient:). We're doing well. Did you want a miracle? I know, me too. But lots of ideas on the horizon for the next steps. Maybe I'm nuts, but things are looking up at my house. I really think the arv's are helping.

Warmly,
Jamie Deckoff-Jones

leaves

Yes I am impatient too!!
Thanks so much for your frequent updates, they are very important for us.

Tembo

Australia
Thanks for the update Mindy - fantastic as always:)

Dr Jones - your blog is wonderful -my chronic fatigued riddled family lives for your updates - we are so happy to see such improvement already! You should be renamed Pioneer Woman :)

SOC

Jeez, liverock. You're impatient:). We're doing well. Did you want a miracle? I know, me too. But lots of ideas on the horizon for the next steps. Maybe I'm nuts, but things are looking up at my house. I really think the arv's are helping.

Warmly,
Jamie Deckoff-Jones

Thanks for keeping us all informed, Jamie. I, too, am a PWC with a college-age daughter struggling with ME/CFS. We have no hope at the moment of finding a doctor who would prescribe arv's, so we haven't tested for XMRV, yet. We're treating HHV-6 in the meantime and hoping to learn from your experience, so we can treat XMRV should we need to in the future. We appreciate your sharing.

liverock

Warmly,
Jamie Deckoff-Jones

Sorry if I got the wrong impression-I think it was the 'finger in the dyke' sentence that made me think things were not progressing. Good to hear that you are and looking for new initiatives.:Retro smile:

Have you considered using Humic Acid along with your anti-retrovirals?

It seems to be effective against HIV and some other viruses such as Coxsackie and the HPV's.

http://gateway.nlm.nih.gov/MeetingAbstracts/ma?f=102276321.html

http://www.humichealth.info/

http://www.supremefulvic.com/resources.php

Daffodil

hmmm....that article posted by mindy said something about drugs that might help clear the XMRV reservoirs....they've gotta be saying that to be provocative. we are nowhere near able to clear any retrovirus reservoir yet!

sue
xoxo

gu3vara

Warmly,
Jamie Deckoff-Jones

Are you considering trying to get your hands on gcmaf injections in the future, so far it appears like the most promising treatment but quite expensive and still hard to find

shannah

hmmm....that article posted by mindy said something about drugs that might help clear the XMRV reservoirs....they've gotta be saying that to be provocative. we are nowhere near able to clear any retrovirus reservoir yet!

sue
xoxo

That caught my attention too. I didn't think the reservoirs had even been identified yet. Does she know something we don't?

Daffodil

no i think people just want us to read the next installment. they will likely just name some of the stuff they are trying to use to clear the HIV reservoirs and tell us it should be tried for XMRV too.

i have been reading a lot about HIV lately and i have noticed that every week , there is some new article with the word "cure" in the title. its all a publicity stunt i think

sue