• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

2nd XMRV Positive in the UK

D

DysautonomiaXMRV

Hi everyone.

I got my result today from VIPdx in the USA, and I am positive for XMRV by culture, and negative for XMRV by PCR.
I've added my result to the forum poll.

I'll take a break for a while, and I do hope that in the mean time people here can try and get tested as soon as possible.

It's nearly 19 years since I was diagnosed and told I was suffering from 'unresolved grief' and 'somatization'.
I wonder back then, if the XMRV test had been available - how life would have turned out?

Thank you for all your help and support and for this great website that offers patients the vital ability to communicate.

joyscobby

UK XMRV Positive 2

Take care of yourself and take it easy.:sofa: I am so glad for you. :victory:Do not know what to say but PM if you want to talk.

From UK Positive 1 who is no longer alone thank you:Sign Good one::balloons::Sign Good Job::balloons:

Hysterical Woman

Hi everyone.

I got my result today from VIPdx in the USA, and I am positive for XMRV by culture, and negative for XMRV by PCR.

I'll take a break for a while, and I do hope that in the mean time people here can try and get tested as soon as possible.

It's nearly 19 years since I was diagnosed and told I was suffering from 'unresolved grief' and 'somatization'.
I wonder back then, if the XMRV test had been available - how life would have turned out?

Thank you for all your help and support and for this great website that offers patients the vital ability to communicate.

Congratulations??????????

Please take care of yourself. Looking forward to seeing you back when you can.

Maxine

Lily

*Believe*
Hi everyone.

We're here for you. Take care. Looking forward to hearing from you again when you're ready.

kit

Thank you . . . for this great website that offers patients the vital ability to communicate.

Absolutely. Thank you Phoenix Rising Forum administrators et. al. who make it possible for us all to know what is going on.

And thanks to Joyscobby and Dys, thanks for posting your results. Take good care. :Sign Peace:

anne_likes_red

Hi everyone.

Hey, :Retro smile:
Thanks for sharing your news and adding to the poll.
Take the time you need.
(But I know we'll all be richer if you don't become a total stanger.)
Anne.

Martlet

I'd never wish a retrovirus on anyone, but congratulations on your result. At last, you have something to point to.

I echo everyone's sentiments. Don't stay away any longer than you must. I value your input!

rebecca1995

Apple, anyone?
Congratulations, DysautonomiaXMRV!

I hope the positive result will open up new treatment options for you in the future--and that you get a bit more respect from medical professionals in the meantime!

Take that, Simon Wessely and Myra "if it was there we would have found it" McClure!

K

Knackered

I'm wondering whether I should get tested now, I'm not sure whether my doctor would sign for it, if not what would be my best course of action?

DysautonomiaXMRV:
Do you have Canadian Criteria CFS? If you do I'm gonna get the test done I think.

I'm excited as hell now.