• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

2012 Aviva Contest--Funding Opportunity for Medical Equipment for ME

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
So fun - we can do this! We are just coming off the high of Chase, where we won $30,000 for the community! Let's keep the momentum going - anyone around the world can help.

Let's support every single country that works for our cause - any visibility for our illness is help for us all :)

Aileen

We made a big jump overall yesterday - from 48th to 39th place!!! :thumbsup:
But the bad news is that we only rose one place in our category - from 17th to 16th yesterday.
The gym club that was behind us has passed us and has over 60 votes more than we do! :eek:

14. canoe/kayak club - 2130 votes
15. gym club - 1667 votes
16. medical equipment (us!) - 1619 votes
17. group center - 1517 votes
18. animal hospital - 1468 votes
20. children's beach - 1465 votes

That little gym club and canoe/kayak club must really want the money. How badly do we want good quality testing and to make sure we have a me/cfs cohort that has post-exertional malaise (PEM) for future studies? We now have over 600 supporters. That means we should be getting 600 votes per day. We can move up in the standings if we want this badly enough.
EVERYONE needs to vote EVERY DAY! Please remind your friends and relatives to vote daily too. This round is now at the half way point.

ixchelkali

39th place! We're making progress. But not enough. I'm bumping this up as a reminder, because most of us have short-term memory problems. Please vote every day. And please remind me.

Aileen

Bad news folks -- not only did we not move up in our category yesterday, we are now over 100 votes behind the place just above us, that passed us 2 days ago!! We are losing ground. :eek:

The good news is that we have received another badge -- "Spirit Badge" given to the 5 ideas with the greatest number of new supporters each day in the entire competition. This means that people are voting for us at least once, but not voting every day. You must vote EVERY DAY if we are to make it into the top 10.

We currently have 880 supporters. Some people will be too ill or busy to vote on an given day, but MOST can take a couple minutes to vote. We should be able to get at least 700 votes in 24hrs. With this in mind, let's shoot for a new badge, the "Loyalty Badge" given daily to the 5 ideas having the highest ratio of votes to supporters in 24hrs. Please vote, and remind your friends and family to vote each day too.

Tuha

Aileen, we lost one place but we approached 5-6 organisations which are in front of us. just keep voting and try to ask more friends to vote and we can do it. if someone know a leader of a me/cfs organisation - ask him to post about the contest on the organisation front web site or facebook page and to send email to his members - this is the most efficace way.
to be honest i am a bit disappointed that not many organisations try to do awereness about this contest even if we asked them. i ask myself if our organisations are able to do an effort only if they are competiting themself. it´s always difficult for some people who try to do publicity for these contests to do it again and again without poor organisations support. we need better cooperation!

Aileen

So far we have received 354 votes today (since midnight ET). We have 72 new supporters :) but that means only 282 out of 880 supporters have voted so far today.

Let's go for that "Loyalty Badge" (5 projects with highest ratio of votes to supporters in 24hrs). Let's be one of the 5 that earns that today! Please vote if you haven't already and remind your friends and family to keep voting. If you are on other forums or email lists, please spread the word. We need all the help we can get. There are only 6 days left to go after today in this round.

Aileen

We've moved up in our category and getting closer to the top 10. Just moved into 14th place. Getting close to that top 10. Running out of time...
10. Animal rescue - 3399
11. Gym club - 3306
12. Playground for all - 3277
13. Kayak/canoe club - 3158
14. Medical equipment - 3137
15. Playground - 3130
We are getting really close folks, but you need to vote for the next 6 days. And please remind your friends and family. We can do this!!!

Aileen

10. Skateboard park - 3449 votes (179 ahead)
11. Playground for all - 3395 (125 ahead)
12. Gym club- 3393 (123 ahead)
13. Playground - 3277 (7 ahead)
14. Medical equipment - 3270
15. Kayak/canoe club - 3251 (19 behind)

We can do this. But we need YOUR vote. EVERY vote is important. Please vote and remind your family, friends, facebook contacts to vote too. Get your teenagers spreading the word online.

Aileen

There has been some movement in the standings in the last few hours:
Now Was Votes
10.(was 10) Skateboard park 3518 (183 ahead)
11. (was 12) Gym club 3504 (169 ahead)
12. (was 11) Playground for all 3438 (103 ahead)
13. (was 14) Medical equipment 3335
14. (was 13) Playground 3316 (19 behind)
15. (was 15) Kayak/canoe club 3298 (37 behind)

Aileen

We've fallen 2 spots in the past few hours! :eek:
11. Skateboard park 3595
12. Playground for all 3509
13. Kayak/canoe club 3418
14. Playground 3394
15. Medical equipment 3387

frenchtulip

Just 4 days left! Currently just 165 votes behind 10th place! If this project finishes in the top 10, it will advance in the competition! Please be sure to vote, and thanks to everyone who has been voting daily and spreading the word!

Nielk

We can really use your vote right now as we need to be in the top 10 and have slipped down to 11th place.
If you have not voted yet, please consider doing it now. You do not need a facebook account in order to vote.
If you have been voting, thank you for your vote and just a reminder that one can vote every day.

The links for voting is in my signature.;)