• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

10 age spots appeared overnight

fishboy9320

I started taking high dose vitamin D and they have appeared mostly on my legs. I am very aware of my body and see changes when they occur and I never had these before. I think perhaps they were already there but dead skin was covering it which got off thanks to vitamin D. I dont mind them im just curious to why it happened

Last edited:

Booble

I started taking high dose vitamin D and they have appeared mostly on my legs. I am very aware of my body and see changes when they occur and I never had these before. I think perhaps they were already there but dead skin was covering it which got off thanks to vitamin D.

What makes you think there is a connection between the Vitamin D and the age spots? Unless you are talking about a high dose of vitamin D via the SUN.

fishboy9320

What makes you think there is a connection between the Vitamin D and the age spots? Unless you are talking about a high dose of vitamin D via the SUN.
I don't know I am bringing it up as a possibility since that's the only change.

Booble

My vote is a "correlation does not mean causation" on this one.
What dosage of vitamin are you taking?

Booble

I said it as my opinion.
There is no reason, in my opinion, that spots on your skin would be from vitamin D, unless it was vitamin D from the sun or a tanning bed or other UV radiation. Especially if you are not having the known side effects from high doses of vitamin D.

Out of curiosity, why are you taking so much? Do you have a respiratory illness right now?

lenora

I don't know if high doses of supplements cause age spots, but certainly some of us are just better at accumulating them. I'm not even a sun worshipper, but do have them on my body....but I'm very fair and this is part of the aging process. Yes, you can buy make-up to cover them, so if they really bother you, then perhaps that would help.

The sun is good....but too much is too much of a good thing. Witness sunburn. Yours, Lenora