August 8th, 2018: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME
Have you heard of our Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance? Please join Jody Smith in observing this day and honoring the 25% of those with ME/CFS who are most severely ill.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What does low homocysteine mean

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Aerose91, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Every time i have homocysteine checked it's low or low normal. Most recently it was 4.7. I know most here have high homocysteine so is this a good thing?

2. Rooney

Rooney Senior Member

SE USA
    Mine was quite low and I discovered that methylfolate reduces homocysteine. So I don't take my 400mcg daily.

Sundancer likes this.
  3. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Have you seen any benefits from methylation?

4. pamojja

pamojja Senior Member

Austria
    From https://www.labtestanalyzer.com, referring to lower than optimal ranges. (note: labtestanalyzer is a very young project of Joe Cohen, therefore always check it's references yourself)

Sundancer likes this.
  5. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Thanks @pamojja

That's interesting because i eat ketogenic so i eat mostly those methionine containing foods. Maybe it would be even lower if i didn't eat that way

pamojja likes this.
  6. Rooney

Rooney Senior Member

SE USA
    I've never figured out how to do proper methylation for my illness. As in my energy has never improved, so I don't know what the heck is going on. 23 and me showed several gene kinks and Klimas asked me to be in her recent folate trial, but I declined as I have this low homocysteine problem.

I do need my mb12 injection or oils I get from Australia which stop my hand tremors. Potassium pills daily and adding folate took away very frequent headaches. When I ran out or forgot the folate, I'd have odd pain in my neck or chest.

See more popular forum discussions.