• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sulfur and Methylation

Lynn_M

The optimal value for sulfate is 400. So you want the top color to be yellow/orange and the other colors to be more of a coral. The lighter the colors, the higher the sulfate. It's best to take a test strip and hold it right next to the bottle strip to see the subtle color differences.

Oci

The optimal value for sulfate is 400. So you want the top color to be yellow/orange and the other colors to be more of a coral. The lighter the colors, the higher the sulfate. It's best to take a test strip and hold it right next to the bottle strip to see the subtle color differences.

Thanks. I will try again as I did not see any colour change at all! Just slightly lighter shade.

Lynn_M

Can you see the pattern of color changes shown on the bottle for the different sulfate levels? That's the easy part. The hard part is figuring out which colors in a particular category of sulfate levels match your test strip. It gets a little easier with practice, and I think easier to read in daylight.

Oci

Many thanks, Lynne. I can see the color difference this morning and level appears to be >800. Does this test vary according to the time of day? How long after a high sulfur is taken before you see it in the urine? I am still taking some high sulfur supplements ie some with sulfurophane (high dose), ALA, NAC.
How often do you suggest testing?
Oci