• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Peter White (PACE) in the Guardian

slysaint

can someone post Dr Zahers letter?
"The decision by the U.S. government’s Agency for Health Research Quality (AHRQ) to downgrade its recommendation on the usefulness of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Graded Exercise Therapy (GET) in ME/CFS is a significant and consequential development. It is virtually unprecedented for AHRQ to change a recommendation. Coming in the form of an Addendum to the published 2014 AHRQ ME/CFS Evidence Review after a methodical reanalysis of CBT/GET ME/CFS literature, this development was triggered by unrelenting requests from the patient community."

edit: this is the link
http://solvecfs.org/september-zaher-letter/

Mrs Sowester

can someone post Dr Zahers letter?
"The decision by the U.S. government’s Agency for Health Research Quality (AHRQ) to downgrade its recommendation on the usefulness of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Graded Exercise Therapy (GET) in ME/CFS is a significant and consequential development. It is virtually unprecedented for AHRQ to change a recommendation. Coming in the form of an Addendum to the published 2014 AHRQ ME/CFS Evidence Review after a methodical reanalysis of CBT/GET ME/CFS literature, this development was triggered by unrelenting requests from the patient community."

edit: this is the link
http://solvecfs.org/september-zaher-letter/
done

leela

I can only hope that there will be some kind of serious legal consequence for this continued, deliberate public deception.
It's one thing when celebrities or public officials lie to save face, but this is science and academia where (one would hope anyway)
a higher standard should apply.

This reads like a pathologic and desperate inability to recognise reality. Seriously delusional, and cruel to boot.

ryan31337

:rolleyes:

SQYcdTG.jpg

worldbackwards

The comments section won't be in the print version. He's taking a Newt Gingrich approach - what matters isn't facts, but how people feel. So he's fighting for the hearts of people who don't have access to the facts.
The print edition is dying on it's arse. It's only the quinoa ultras who'll see it unrebutted. We definitely need a right to reply on this bollocks though.

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
I cannot actually find the piece going to the Guardian site now. Is it still there. I can still access it by revisiting it through my 'History' menu.

Glycon

World's Most Dangerous Hand Puppet
The comments section won't be in the print version. He's taking a Newt Gingrich approach - what matters isn't facts, but how people feel. So he's fighting for the hearts of people who don't have access to the facts.

He's fighting for making sure he doesn't go to jail or face bankrupting civil litigation. Best explanation of why:
This is shockingly, shockingly desperate. He's unhinged if he thinks this sort of white washing doesn't risk biting him in the ass down the line.

I take it that his best bet is to stick to his guns to make himself look like a sad, deluded old man, who just really, like, wanted to help people, man.