• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation making me angry?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Martial. No bananas. As i said there was no way to ride this out. It was too much. From yesterday when I noticed it to today it was way worse. Unless you want to come bail me out of jail when I go nuts. Lol

boo85

@minkeygirl Just keep repeating to yourself "this too shall pass"

And "this is just my body's weird way of healing. This is not me, it's my body adjusting. I will take this feeling one minute at a time."

picante

And "this is just my body's weird way of healing. This is not me, it's my body adjusting. I will take this feeling one minute at a time."
It's been far more helpful for me to take a box of glass jars, don some protective gear, and throw the jars against the concrete walls in the basement, screaming obscenities at the top of my lungs. (The house needs to be empty of people, though.)

Haven't done that in a while, but it worked -- nobody got hurt.:D

Freddd

I'm still annoyed about something stupid someone said to me this morning but my brain feels better. There was no way I could ride this out. I've never felt such anger.

Sometimes that can occur from some nutirents that increase ATP generation in parts of the brain. In that case the sequence might go like anxiety, anger, rage, homicidal rage and then deep depression as the serum level goes up and then down. If this sounds familiar, ask me about it, and very little is known and not much more suspected.

Martial

Sometimes that can occur from some nutirents that increase ATP generation in parts of the brain. In that case the sequence might go like anxiety, anger, rage, homicidal rage and then deep depression as the serum level goes up and then down. If this sounds familiar, ask me about it, and very little is known and not much more suspected.

That sounds really depressing to hear lol, how long does that period last?

Freddd

That sounds really depressing to hear lol, how long does that period last?

Some of the people I have known with this were able to microtitrate l-carnitine from oral doses of 100mcg and get up to normal doses without any special reaction. At that dose it needs to be 3 divided doss a day so as not to get the up and down response. I have seen a few get through in in months and some not in years. If it is AdoCbl one can get through it often in just a couple of saturation doses because of the way AdoCbl is distributed, internal triage levels, layers turn on suddenly in getting AdoCbl distributed but then it is in the mitochondria for a sustained period so it doesn't go up and down in the same way. Methylfolate doesn't affect the ATP but some are sensitive in a similar way to methylation. Some people have a rough time and some are able to titrate to their comfort. I would imagine part of that is a matter of how severe the deficiency symptoms on some levels balance out against the high response on other levels. It is depressing and that often is part of the whole business. It sure was for me.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I took a buttload of phenibut last night and it did nothing. IMO in you are having a reaction to a supplement or medication, mood enhancers are worthless.

You have to find what will counteract the problem. Niacin was the key for me and I'm fine this morning.

Freddd

I find it intriguing that people chelating with ALA report these same rage fits.

Hi Gondwanaland,

I would propose where this fits in, perhaps predictably in some people.. In people who have general ME/CFS/FMS symptoms and anxiety in general, will often have extreme anxiety or worse with typical doses of LCF, and sometimes any and all of the deadlock quartet. According to uses of Alpha Lipoic Acid I have read increased the efficiency of LCF carrying of fats to the mitochondria by 50%. That could be enough to cause ATP onset anxiety that those who have anxiety with these symptoms so often have.

Gondwanaland

@Freddd I never had anything besides moderate PMS before taking mB12 - and it gave me rage fits, interestingly taking protease did too in the beginning, but not anymore. Also I couldn't say that I had anxiety fits before taking mfolate.

I think there are several factors involved - poor neurotransmitter breakdown, deficiency in co-factors, increased metabolites, detox, etc etc etc. I posted here a diagram that made the most sense to me. Just like you say, B2 increases the need for folate - and vice versa. An imbalance will raise ammonia, uric acid, ONOO-, any "fashionable" byproduct you name :ill:

Martial

@Freddd I never had anything besides moderate PMS before taking mB12 - and it gave me rage fits, interestingly taking protease did too in the beginning, but not anymore. Also I couldn't say that I had anxiety fits before taking mfolate.

I think there are several factors involved - poor neurotransmitter breakdown, deficiency in co-factors, increased metabolites, detox, etc etc etc. I posted here a diagram that made the most sense to me. Just like you say, B2 increases the need for folate - and vice versa. An imbalance will raise ammonia, uric acid, ONOO-, any "fashionable" byproduct you name :ill:

I feel like we all will gain a doctorate with all the reading and research we do when taking all this stuff lol.

Hi @Freddd
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask about my issues with most supplements? It seems to be caused from overmethylation (breathing issues, jittery, feeling like I am going to explode) and histamine, gluten, salicylate and chemical sensitivity. This all started 3 years ago after 3 vaccines, 3 rounds of antibiotics, 10 days of NSAIDS and 3 month of mold exposure.

I hope you will help me shed some light on this? Like how to address the strange combo of overmethylation and histamine intolerance. I have seen so many peeps over the years ask this question in the forums, so I hope you - and maybe some other of the wise members - will join such an conversation. Not only for my sake, but also for others like me.
:)

On the bright side - or maybe not :) - I have done a lot of testing, so there is quite a lot of info to gain knowledge from - please ask for more if you can manage more.

Info:
Genes

I have several mutations that match my symptoms, like: 2 x COMT++ (over methylation), GSTP I105V+-, CYP2D6++, CYP2C9+-, CYP1B1++, 2 x CYP1A2+- (chemical sensitivity), and then: 3 x MTRR +-, MTR+-, 4 x NOS mutations, 2x SOD2 mutations, MAO A and B mutations, 11 x GAD+-, 3 x FUT++, 4 x NOS mutations (but ammonia is in range), CBS C699T +-

Amino, neurotransmitters, hormones etc
I am very low in methionine, homocysteine (DD-lab), cystatione, cysteine, gluthatione (according to OAT), serotonin, oestrogen, progesterone, DHEA, S-IgA.
GABA is within range because i supplement (according to GAD - and it takes away my tinnitus). T3 is in range because I supplement with pig thyroid hormone, so I am not quite as exhausted as I used to be.
I am high in taurine, citric acid (due to low gluthatione?), glycine, succinate.

Gut
I am low low in bifido and some important clostridia, but have corrected most issues (Ubiome testing)

Metal and toxic stuff
I have been following a diet that is without additives for 3 years, though not always organic (it is now). I have been a little high in lead, aluminium, tungsten, bismuth, arsenic, nickel, silver.

Diet
High protein low salicylate and low histamine paleo - high protein is to support methylation. When I was tested, I had just been through a periode, where I as under nourished (also in protein) due to intolerances - this might explain the low methionine etc?

Well.. hope you will find this interesting :)

Hugs Bibs