• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methyl B12 issues (OCD,irritability)

Hello uriraha,

please have a look at HISTADELIA. Histadelia is a condition then histamine is very high and related to depression and OCD. Folate and folic acid could be a problem!!! Try Calcium, Zinc, B6, Magnesium, Omega-3, TMG, Inositol and vitamins A, C, E!
Search for histadelia to get more information.

dannybex

@Soccermanjb: try Genestra HMF probiotics. They're from human strains, no animal. I tolerate them better than any probiotics I've ever tried. Got that tip from another member here called @stridor.

I know this is an ancient thread, but I believe the Genestra probiotics aren't literally 'human strains', but strains that have been studied and/or tested in humans, rather than animals.

Tammy

I know this is an ancient thread, but I believe the Genestra probiotics aren't literally 'human strains', but strains that have been studied and/or tested in humans, rather than animals.
On that note..........progurt is a probiotic from human stains. Insanely expensive.

dannybex

On that note..........progurt is a probiotic from human stains. Insanely expensive.

I emailed the company as I couldn't find any information on their site or by doing a google scholar search that any of the three common probiotics they mentioned are indeed human strains. Everything was very vague on their website...no specific strains listed at all. Kind of surprising, especially at that price!

Tammy

this is where I looked............maybe I am misinterpreting something. And yes.........some of it was vague for me as well................so I may have been duped.

https://www.progurt/pages/faqs

Can you let me know if the CO. responds to your e-mail?

dannybex

@Tammy, I think the correct link is:

https://www.progurt.com/pages/faqs

I was duped for years...very easy to be, especially when one is desperate for relief, so that's why I question everything these days, and always look for references or studies to back up various claims.

One thing that stood out instantly for me was their claim that s. thermophilus was one of the 'strains identical to those found in a healthy human gut from birth'. I'm not sure any of the strains are found in the gut 'from birth'. It's my understanding that for short period the gut is sterile, and then if one is breast fed, then strains like b. infantis are passed from mother to child, just as one example.

But s. thermophilus is a strain found in dairy, used specifically to make yogurt. To the best of my knowledge, it's not a human strain, although perhaps it might be found in the stool if one eats a ton of homemade yogurt, or a high-dose probiotic that contains it as one of the strains. The also claim that the 'strains of bacteria contained in Progurt are of human origin, unlike most probiotics, which are of bovine or animal origin'. I can't find any reference or study that suggests s. thermophilus is 'of human origin', although this specific strain was found in fish.

I could easily -- easily -- be wrong. I'll let you know if I hear anything from the company. If anyone else has any info that independently supports their claim, I hope they'll reply here. :)