August 8th, 2018: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME
Have you heard of our Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance? Please join Jody Smith in observing this day and honoring the 25% of those with ME/CFS who are most severely ill.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ME/CFS patient makes major improvement and goes back to work from C60 supplement

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Hip, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Kenny Banya

Kenny Banya Senior Member

Australia
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. raghav

raghav Senior Member

India
  3. Murph

Murph :)

That is quite the story. Imagine taking a supplement and watching your mice die of it!

andyguitar likes this.
  4. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Yes, he started at 1 ml per day of the C60-OO made by carbon60oliveoil.com, which contains 0.8 mg/ml of C60. Then two weeks later he increased the dosage to 2ml day. I believe later he switched to the Good and Cheap C60-OO which is less expensive. Says the dose range people use is from 1 to 15 ml a day.

But it may be an idea for ME/CFS patients who are sensitive to supplements and drugs to start at lower test dose initially, eg 0.1 ml daily, and cautiously increase.

The account I read of his major improvements in ME/CFS symptoms was written 5 weeks after he started taking C60-OO, so clearly these improvements manifest within weeks. 9 months later when I enquired on how he was doing, I heard he had gone back to work.

In his account he recommends joining the Facebook groups (listed in the first post), where he says people report a wide range of results: some experiencing no benefit at all, others getting spectacular results.

raghav, sb4 and jesse's mom like this.
  5. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Yes, some people on LongeCity who were experimenting with C60-OO and had taken it daily for many years have stopped for the moment, due to concerns about the creation of toxins that may promote cancer growth when C60-OO is exposed to light. Until this issue is better understood, it will remain a question mark. Though there are no reports on LongeCity of any of these long-term C60-OO users developing cancer.

My understanding is that the study which LongeCity member AgeVivo performed at home on his 3 rats used old C60-OO that had been lying around for years, rather than freshly-made C60-OO. It's this old C60 oil, or C60 oil exposed to light, which is suspected to cause these toxicity issues.

So if considering C60-OO, you would be advised to select a good supplier that makes fresh C60-OO, and protects the product from light during manufacture and storage. And you'd want to protect your own bottle from light.

Note that there have also been studies showing C60 inhibits tumor growth.

raghav and Murph like this.
  6. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Interesting. Though note that this is a computer simulation of the molecular dynamics of C60 and DNA, rather than an empirical verification that C60 is binding to DNA. But it's clearly an area that needs more investigation.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  7. raghav

raghav Senior Member

India
    Thanks @Hip. I was sifting through the side effects thread of longevity for c60. Their argument is if c60 is well dispersed in olive oil then it does not cause the problem of binding to nucleotides. The researchers had used pure c60 and it is very different. I will go through the remaining posts in that thread and see whether the confusion clears.

sb4 and Hip like this.
  8. gbells

gbells

Here's a discussion of something similar, that high dose vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene increases cancer in smokers.

I would think this C60 would have exactly the same problem and increase cancer because the body uses free radicals to kill cancer cells. Especially if it is oil soluble (vs. water soluble) and bioaccumulates in fat tissue. If you megadose any strong antioxidant you disable the ability of the body to fight cancer. I would expect the older C60 to have less cancer than the fresher one which has more anti-oxidant power.

I've personally noticed a paradoxical effect where if I take anti-oxidants (like PQQ) I can feel better for that day but the effect isn't sustained and causes an energy crash the next day. Perhaps the problem relates to broken mitochrondria spilling free radicals-anti-oxidants would buffer the effect but the mitos are still broken and can't generate energy so it can't be sustained.

That's why I don't think this one will work. I won't be trying it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  9. raghav

raghav Senior Member

India
    Well I have sort of read through the side effects thread for c60 on longecity. The major reason for side effects that I see seem to be due to each person making his own concoction with whatever equipment they could get hold of. That does not mean there are no side effects due to c60oo. So i dont know what to say beyond that. I am getting it on tuesday. I will try it and post my experience. Fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

Hip likes this.
  10. Kenny Banya

Kenny Banya Senior Member

Australia
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    raghav and Hip like this.
  11. gbells

gbells

I would tell the doctor about the C60 and that you stopped the low dose naltrexone painkiller. He may have to adjust your medications.

12. raghav

raghav Senior Member

India
    Got my goodandcheap c60 a day earlier itself. Had my first dose of 1ml one hour ago. Can it be taken after food or should it be taken on an empty stomach ? I have applied for enrollment to the facebook groups. It is in pending status.

13. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I found this:

raghav likes this.
  14. tiredowl

tiredowl Senior Member

Norway, Scandinavia
    Where can one buy this in Europe? Preferably somewhere that accepts Paypal.

15. raghav

raghav Senior Member

India
    Thanks @Hip After the first dose yesterday of 1ml I slept a lot. It was not drowsiness,but if I lied down I just fell asleep. Mild gerd persisted. After today's second dose it was not present. Will keep posting regularly.

Hip likes this.
  16. raghav

raghav Senior Member

India
    You can buy from https://www.thec60store.com/ It is located in UK. They stock up on many brands. I bought the goodandcheap carbon60 from them. But if you buy from the manufacturer's site in US it is cheaper.

17. gbells

gbells

I found an interesting Russian study on C60on rats that shows it increased the activity of liver detoxification enzyme CYP2B1 by 35%. Vopr Pitan. 2012;81(5):20-7.

Per my pharmacist this would make any drugs metabolized by this enzyme less effective (ie. the anesthetic propophol and barbituate phenobarbital ).

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2015/658928/

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Tinnybell, Asklipia and Hip like this.
  18. tiredowl

tiredowl Senior Member

Norway, Scandinavia
    Thank you, although I feel a bit uneasy about buying cheap C60. I read it needs to be made with no light exposure (or it could be dangerous? I wonder how difficult it would be to make own.
    Although I certainly wouldn't be able make it or read instructions on how to do such a complicated thing now (struggling to read and comprehend things these days) but maybe at some point.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  19. Hip

Hip Senior Member

The GoodandCheap brand do specify on their website that they make their C60 product in complete darkness. This is one of the brands used by the ME/CFS patient who got better on C60-OO.

20. Tinnybell

Tinnybell

My 30ml bottle of GoodandCheap c60oo and it arrived today. I took about 1ml. It tasted like olive oil and I didn't find anything odd about it.

I took it in darkness and with a disposable syringe to minimise exposure to light and contamination. Since it lasts long in the body, my plan is to consume it quickly if the first dose don't make me ill.

Will make further updates in the next few days.

See more popular forum discussions.