• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Homeopathy

Hufsamor

Thank you for your replies.

I have tried acupuncture many times but I am so sensitive to the needles (one acupuncturist said she had never seen a person so sensitive in her 60 years working). It never helped me so I am probably going to leave that but thank you for the suggestion.

I think I will go back to homeopathy but one thing I cannot understand is this:

If remedies are meant to be stronger the more you dilute them, wouldn't taking less of the remedy (perhaps diluted in water and taking a teaspoon of that solution) actually be stronger and therefore cause more side effects?

Can anyone throw any light on this?

I thought this was an excellent question, so I asked my homeopath today.
But I forgot you asked for those you mix with water, so I asked for those small pills, the small sugar balls.
He said, that in reality, the dose in those little pills differs a bit, so to take three of five might be the same dose.

So I asked....if your patient couldn't tolerate the medication, what would you suggest?
And he said: to stop a couple of days and try again.
If he was to take medicine three times a day I would then ask him to take once a day.
If he was to take once a day, I would ask him to take every second day.

BUT- of course, he doesn't know you, and I didn't explain further.
(If I had a really bad reaction I'm not sure I would give it another go myself, to be honest)

digital dog

Thank you for thinking of me Hufsamor. What I am reading makes sense. I think I will try homeopathy again at some point but I am too weak at present.
I hope that you have better luck.