• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Complete Symptom Relief and CFS Remission Since Starting Nitric Oxide Supplement

gregh286

Greg, buddy, you might find this interesting. So according to selfhacked, arginine, Leucine, and Tryptophan restriction inhibits mTOR. Well on a test I did a couple years ago, all three of these were marked High. Fits with Naviaux's paper. So, is something causing these to not be used effectively by mTOR? My Glutamine level was low, however, and Glutamine is needed for mTOR activation just as much as Leucine.

Hi @eljefe19
Found something even better than anything I used before:
Its biotech USA amino fuel.
Looking at it its loaded in Taurine and Glycine heavily.
Its a pure turbo charger for me.
A must try.

https://www.prozis.com/uk/en/biotec...1MkwEPjXaqjLV1jitdtBlPcn6NwGrZbnPtRoCcUTw_wcB

xena

I've been taking large doses of Citrulline - to support ammonia detox- which converts to arginine and should support nitric oxide release. I find that it reduces my pots and helps slightly with brain fog.

I'm going to experiment with nitrate foods as I've felt inexplicably better when eating celery. I might try buying Potassium nitrate and no2 black.

gregh286

I've been taking large doses of Citrulline - to support ammonia detox- which converts to arginine and should support nitric oxide release. I find that it reduces my pots and helps slightly with brain fog.

I'm going to experiment with nitrate foods as I've felt inexplicably better when eating celery. I might try buying Potassium nitrate and no2 black.

Hi.
How much citrulline have you been taking.
I am.switched from no2 black to aakg hard-core. It's a faster hit and includes citrulline whereas no2 black doesn't.
Must try the celery a blast.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
did anybody try d ribose ???? Does it work???
A high proportion of people (about a third if I remember rightly) react badly to it. I am one of them! Others say it helps. It can take a while to recover if it messes you up. Others here have reported positive effects - try searching for 'ribose'.

eljefe19

Hi @eljefe19
Found something even better than anything I used before:
Its biotech USA amino fuel.
Looking at it its loaded in Taurine and Glycine heavily.
Its a pure turbo charger for me.
A must try.

https://www.prozis.com/uk/en/biotec...1MkwEPjXaqjLV1jitdtBlPcn6NwGrZbnPtRoCcUTw_wcB
Hey good find! Interesting amino profile. I have a "medical grade" protein powder also with 30g though the profile is more standard. I supplement it with 3g Glycine and 1-2g of Taurine, also 5g BCAAs, everyday.

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
did anybody try d ribose ???? Does it work???

It helps me enough that I keep taking 5g twice each day. The improvement is noticeable but not major and I don't have any side effects from it. I'll take whatever improvement I can get.

Hi,
I've been on here a few years. Like most I have tried nearly every supplement there is, mostly a lot of rubbish.
On Feb 5th I started a product called MRI No2 Black.
http://mri-performance.com/products/no2-black/

I ran out around 10 days ago and symptoms started returning promptly.....a blessing in disguise as I was taking a lot of supplements and that was the only one i stopped before CFS come back....allowing me to pinpoint the actual beneficial supplement with high confidence.

Its a No2 booster with Actinos technology to keep the No2 longer in system.

I always suspected a blood vessel/dilation issue as dilators always provided relief,,,hot weather,,,humid weather,,,sauna.....hot baths,,,,,,red wine....etc.

This product will most likely work in the sub group that gets good relief from alcohol.

By 36 hours later I was a new person....complete symptom relief.
Fatigue gone, thirst gone, feet warmer, no tingling in hands,
I wake up totally refreshed now. My body wakening me ready to tackle the day ahead.

Over the past month I have gone back to surfing, golfing and so on without payback.
I have encouraged my closer friends I have met here etc with CFS to try it now since I have around 6 weeks in the clear with the exception of the running out "blip"..... too long for a "fluke" period. I will ask them to report their findings.

I would encourage anyone to try it and maybe we can do a poll later, prehaps better to all use same product to rule out brand variance.

Fluge and Mella haven't taken out a patent for no2 treatment in CFS for nothing.

I take 5 tablets twice a day. (equivalent of 10g daily of Arginine AKG.)

I look forward to more people trying it and joining me in the land of the living.

Anyone with CFS knows that "lactic" feeling on the legs etc....it lifts pretty quick, obviously the higher vasodilation creating easier lactate clearance from cells.
Bye for now.

BTW i still trying to figure out why we should have this No2 issue. Arginine is a potent Nk cell activator,.....so is it a NK issue. Do we have low epinephrine/norepinphine creating a low vasodilatory situation? Is low Taurine involved. I think we are closer than ever to finding answers with the Rituximab study well under way, OMF tests and so forth.
I think thats we crash hard under a stress situation as the vessels "tighten" up even more creating a tougher metabolic state and higher lactate. Personally, I'm persuaded towards weak adrenal output but time will tell, the No2 is "bypassing" this weak epinephrine state,

wow congrats! I really wanna try this as I do get immediate increase in energy when I drink alcohol! (But sometimes bad if I don't eat due to blood sugar) I have a bottle of Jack daniels in my wardrobe which I sip now and then when my energy is so bad that i can hardly leave my room. However I do get worse on hot humid days, from hot baths too, (i have to have cold showers) but infared sauna helps me a bit. Anyway I wanna try the NO2 black supplement, but only thing putting me off is i feel i have high norepinephrine/adrenaline and this completely worsens my fatigue when I feel adrenaline is high in me. Will the supplement definitely increase adrenaline? Thanks! (I also have POTS in the family and used to have POTS at beginnning of the CFS/ME but it has decreased a lot now. If anyone can advise me, thanks in advance

Last edited:

gregh286

wow congrats! I really wanna try this as I do get immediate increase in energy when I drink alcohol! (But sometimes bad if I don't eat due to blood sugar) I have a bottle of Jack daniels in my wardrobe which I sip now and then when my energy is so bad that i can hardly leave my room. However I do get worse on hot humid days, from hot baths too, (i have to have cold showers) but infared sauna helps me a bit. Anyway I wanna try the NO2 black supplement, but only thing putting me off is i feel i have high norepinephrine/adrenaline and this completely worsens my fatigue when I feel adrenaline is high in me. Will the supplement definitely increase adrenaline? Thanks! (I also have POTS in the family and used to have POTS at beginnning of the CFS/ME but it has decreased a lot now. If anyone can advise me, thanks in advance

hi,
yea not sure of the alcohol mechanism for energy. I think when our PDH pathway is obstructed and we are not burning sugars effectively, body able to use alcohol as alternative power source, like aminos.
I think arginine stimulates mTORC, hence the benefit.
Better used with citrulline malate combo to increase all krebs intermedieries.

hi,
yea not sure of the alcohol mechanism for energy. I think when our PDH pathway is obstructed and we are not burning sugars effectively, body able to use alcohol as alternative power source, like aminos.
I think arginine stimulates mTORC, hence the benefit.
Better used with citrulline malate combo to increase all krebs intermedieries.

Thanks and that makes sense too! sorry also was wondering, do you think by increasing NO, it will increase adrenaline? As adrenaline definitely makes me more fatigued as well as other horrible symptoms. Thanks

Last edited: