• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Coffee enemas - flushed face

Hi

I have been doing regular coffee enemas lately for detox/herx support. Generally I feel much better after I do one but I notice my face is quite flushed afterwards. Not itchy but noticeably red and flushed. No other concerning symptoms.

Anybody else experience this or know why it's happening?

I don't believe that I'm allergic to coffee but I have no way to prove that either.

Thanks for reading

helen1

I wonder if that's part of your detox process or perhaps it's a histamine reaction?

There are different antihistamine websites and some list coffee as OK and some list coffee as histamine releasing. But youve had no reactions to oral coffee right?

@paul_k

@helen1 I actually have histamine intolerance and manage my diet accordingly. What's different here though is my normal histamine reaction is a rash on my chest, prickly skin all over, anxiety, palpitations, depression, fatigue, insomnia.
I get a feeling of wellbeing from the coffee enema and the only downside (if it is one I should be concerned about at all) is noticeable flushing of my face that lasts for a few hours after the enema.
As for coffee orally I have no unusual symptoms but perhaps if I drank a cup I would flush also (I am abstaining as my adrenals have been under pressure).

Thanks for your input