• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

advice on titration trouble

suzanne

I have only been on the fredd protocol for 14 days. I have the co factors all in place ( except need to tweek the B complex to get the Douglas labs and have now added the suggested vit A).
My trouble is that up to day 10 I was taking 500mg methyl B12 and have increased up to 600mg solgar methyl folate. I did have headaches, nausea, sore teeth and iredness, but was coping- in fact my daily migraines gave me a 5 day break! But based on feedback, I realised I might need to titrate up to get over the start up- trouble is in the last 3 days I dosed at 750 mg for day 11 an day 112 and day 13 (yesterday I increased to 1000mg methyl B12. This morning I could hardly move from bed- SO tired. My other symptoms- worse than tiredness are just the worst nausea and headpain- I cannot distinguish if I am getting rolling migraines or if this is just really bad nausea and headpain.
Today I have dropped back to the 500mg dose but feel terrrible.
Any suggestions?
Should I stop for a day and let my body catch up or just keep going at the dose of 500mg for a while longer as at least at this dose I seemed t be coing with the level of headahe and nausea- not sure how to deal with this? I realise that most of you will have been there, done that.
many thanks, Suzanne