• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Skyline

Skyline's Journal: Progress & Experiments

I doubt I'll post much more here. I'm getting increasingly functional, starting to workout more - and build strength, a lot less sensitive to the environment (just back from a trip to Shanghai) and much less frequent energy issues. A highly accessible tool that I'd encourage everyone to use is...
  2. Skyline

Reverse Mitochondrial Damage 101

New interview with Garth Nicolson on lipid replacement therapy here: https://thequantifiedbody.net/repair-mitochondria-lipid-replacement-garth-nicolson-phd/ The interview goes into a lot of depth on: - The mechanism of action of lipid replacement therapy - The different LRT supplements - The...
  3. Skyline

Anyone use NTFactor?

Garth Nicolson talks about Lipid Replacement Therapy / NT Factor and his studies of mitochondria/ the biomarkers he has used to track repair of the membranes with it in this interview: https://thequantifiedbody.net/repair-mitochondria-lipid-replacement-garth-nicolson-phd/
  4. Skyline

The latest splurge has had me come back with 3 significant infections: 1. Lyme Disease 2. Babesiosis (suspected these since reading Richard Horowitz's book, as did my functional doc based on my symptoms, good to get clarification) 3. Blastocystis hominis Now tackling these as well as continuing...
  5. Skyline

To add optimistic update points... I had my TGF Beta 1 come back virtually in normal range in January - it had originally shot up to over 10K which presents an autoimmune risk so I was concerned about it. And based on Chris Shade's Mercury test, it looks like A) I've made good progress in...
  6. Skyline

@dannybex sorry to hear about the wheelchair. Just take the creatine in morning once per day, 5g. To be clear, from what I've heard about Nutreval, it won't be a test I'm going to use. Also, the testing companies have standard outputs on those tests assuming it's just nutrient deficiencies...
  7. Skyline

One of the step ups I've made up in recovery lately has been removing mercury amalgams and working on mercury detoxification. I'm still working on it and tracking it. Anecdotally however, I definitely got a step up the actual week after removal of amalgams by a good biological dentist. Chris...
  8. Skyline

Hey @dannybex , unfortunately I only just saw this... don't step in here so often now. The stack I use is: - ATP Fuel - Oxaloacetate - PQQ - Transdermal Magnesium - Selenium - Liposomal glutathione (protection) I've turned the corner on muscle loss and begun to regain it, and my strength. I...
  9. Skyline

Latest update - not checking this board at all lately, and as you can imagine an important part of that is that I'm doing way better. This morning I did a 2 hour hike up to the top of Griffith Park in L.A. without any negatives. A few months back less exertion would give me more symptoms...
  10. Skyline

Methylation Treatment with Some Quants - Dr. Ben Lynch Interview

Thanks for the love people :) If there are other area you're interested in let me know - the main ones I'm looking at that may be of interest to you all are methylation, mitochondrial function and epigenetics. So in particular I'm interested in interviewing researchers/ physicians or anyone with...
  11. Skyline

HLA DR in 23andMe Gene Set

Hey @roxie60 if you check out Dr. Shoemaker's framework for analysis of those genes he has found that some genes are post-lyme susceptible, while others are for mycotoxins/ mold. That matrix is freely available on his site if you google for it - you just need your HLA DR test done with Labcorp...
  12. Skyline

Methylation Treatment with Some Quants - Dr. Ben Lynch Interview

I recently did this interview with Dr. Ben Lynch - my podcast has a quant focus, so we dug into more of the details behind testing and biomarkers related to Methylation. Ben also gives some clear indications of how he approaches addressing methylation (which is more holistic than I believe most...
  13. Skyline

I know a lot of people on here are working on methylation - here is the Quantified Body interview I did with Dr. Ben Lynch recently: http://thequantifiedbody.net/ep-5-optimizing-methylation-dr-ben-lynch/
  14. Skyline

Hi @waiting , yes in fact I've already ordered one to test it out - will be in my hands by the end of the week. It does look legit - there is a case study of the benefits also here: http://fourhourworkweek.com/2014/09/12/muse-interaxon/ If it turns out well - I'll get them on the podcast to...
  15. Skyline

Released the first interview on using Heart Rate Variability: http://thequantifiedbody.net/episode-1-using-hrv-training-optimize-workouts-andrew-flatt/ I use HRV to pace myself, with a combination of supine and standing readings taken every morning. Whenever the HRV score starts declining I...
  16. Skyline

Hi @waiting, I use the sweetwater HRV app with a Polar H7 chest monitor. I believe ithlete has a similarly priced system - if it's around $50 or less, it's the same price. I have an expert on HRV coming on my new podcast (http://thequantifiedbody.net) in the first week - he'll be covering all...
  17. Skyline

Grateful for my progress so far and how 'normal' I feel today. Progress: - I bounced back from an exposure to stachybotrys which took me out around 10 days ago - it had got cross-contaminated in my apartment and could have well been from one of the original houses where I originally got early...
  18. Skyline

Interview I did this morning with Dr. Courtney Craig talking about some of the things that have helped me on this journey. Web: http://spoonieradio.libsyn.com/spoonie-radio-ep-02-damien-blenkinsopp On iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/spoonieradio/id889652902
  19. Skyline

I forget how far I've come until I come back here and look at old posts. I guess also the time that passes before I remember to come back is a good indicator also. Progress: - Virtually zero headaches last month (couple of slight, hardly noticeable ones that went after couple of hours) - VCS...
  20. Skyline

Progress: - Headaches have been eliminated unless I get a mold exposure (then there is around a 2 day delay before I get hit by a headache - however they are much shorter now - 1 day, instead of 3 or more). - VCS is now clear - MARCONs was cleared (test now negative) - C4a has dropped to...
  21. Skyline

HealClick ME/CFS Treatment Project...

Is there a nasal test you can do to detect if you have mycotoxins in the sinuses before starting such a protocol? I haven't been able to find it.
  22. Skyline

Detection of Mycotoxins in Patients with CFS

@katcoff There is more "data" on people being helped with Mycotoxins than any other area I've looked at - and I've looked into most serious avenues and have seen significant recovery (as have many others I've spoken to). I'm commenting on this because I didn't want others to get the wrong...
  23. Skyline

I was hoping to be 100% clear within 3 months, but I think that's optimistic. Yes, I'm doing much better, perhaps 80% recovered. Progress: - I've been surfing a number of times in very rough waves which required hard swimming for 2-3 hours - No PEM afterwards :) - My capillary hypo-perfusion...
  24. Skyline

Comment by 'Skyline' in 'Mold Free Home Building Ideas'

There is a mold free construction certification - GreenGuard now. It looks like its getting a fair amount of attention. http://www.greenguard.org
  25. Skyline

Some more things that are working: 1. Added midday nap - has enabled me to get between 7 and 8 hours sleep / day. For me it's all about the process and timing. As soon as I feel a little tired I go to bed, put blackout blindfold on and listen to a podcast. I'm out within 5 minutes nearly every...
  26. Skyline

HLA DR in 23andMe Gene Set

I didn't find it in the 23andme data set, and also the information was so important (define my approach to this whole thing) I wouldn't have relied on their set anyway. The error incidence is too high. I read in blogs that it is not available - but didn't check myself. As you see from my...
  27. Skyline

More test results in: 1. MARCONS - I have to antibiotic resistant strains, so getting that treated with the BEG spray. This would've been holding me back from recovery - using up MSH. 2. ERMI - Index 0.72 for the 'clean apartment' I was in with a lot of aspergillus found, revealing that there...
  28. Skyline

Quick update: Last few days functioning near normal - best I've felt since the whole CFS things started. A few more additions I've made to what I'm doing which I think have contributed (no data, yet): 1. Moved to new even cleaner apartment (on beach, facing ocean 20+ floors up with a balcony) -...
  29. Skyline

I increased my intake in my diet of Butyrate via making grass fed ghee an important part since over a year ago. This was due to research suggesting butyrate helps heal the gut lining. A new study just came out illustrating how it maybe (also) helping to regulate the immune system...
  30. Skyline

Yeah, my iron levels were up due to 'inflammation' - that was the end discovery of that process. So they aren't a bad thing to watch from that point of view. I don't have those iron defects.