• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Article: CDC at the CFSAC Meeting: Dr. Unger's Job Interview and More

Has anybody ask Dr. Suzanne Vernon, the Scientific Director of the CFIDS Association of America to apply for the job?
  2. B

Has Anybody Been Treated for Chronic Lyme and Did It Work?

housebound in 1999 and with one year of treatment for chronic lyme i had about 75% of my health back. Treatment is difficult and endless..... I have tired lots of different treatments during the last ten years, but still hovering around 80% of my health back...... I am XMRV+ Birddog
  3. B

Dr. John Martin and CFS question

I tested positive for Dr. Martin's stealth pathogen and I am XMRV+........ I was told that Martin and DeFetreitas were both treated the same by the powers to be..... I see history repeating it self ....... please, support WPI and keep them working for us. Birddog
  4. B

Depressed 4 year old - ADVICE PLEASE?

have you considered having him tested for parasities?
  5. B

XMRV testing in US

does anyone understand why the Virochip is not being used to test for XMRV.............with the depth of viral detection using the Virochip should we demand a large CFS research study to define sub groups?
  6. B

CDC's Updated CDC/CFS Website: 21 July 2010 - CYA Plan for their desperate cover-up!

However, the Social Security Act (the Act) and our implementing regulations require that an individual establish disability based on the existence of a medically determinable impairment; i.e., one that can be shown by medical evidence, consisting of medical signs, symptoms and laboratory...
  7. B

Whittemore Peterson Institute: XMRV: What's really important?

i agree ukxmrv and v99, but we have X+ in large enough numbers to start working on treatment protocols....... I am interested in getting my health back and not wasting time on who did what or taking another 25 years to define sub groups of cfs. We need a focus on leadership in funding those that...
  8. B

Whittemore Peterson Institute: XMRV: What's really important?

Our government was not looking for the Virus in CFS..... It is outrageous that scientific world needs a lot mor time forthe same old same research before there is help for those of us who have losted years to this disease.......they have been working on XMRV since 2006!...... It is unbelievable...
  9. B

Tipping over, bad balance

i am positive for a long list of infections and virus along with XMRV and have tired a lot of treatments since 1987, but find Zithromax will clear the neuro symptoms in 24 hours....... i find that three months off Zithromax is the limit before the tipping over/bad balance is back in the picture...
  10. B

Tipping over, bad balance

I find Zithromax an antiobitic will solve the neuro/symptoms with in 24 hours!
  11. B

A collective show of force/ a common workplan

A starting point would be the same amount we current provide for AIDS research.
  12. B

Urgent request for the cfids association of america solvecfs

Has the CAA considered family, friends and neighbors in close contact with a CFS person may not be the best option for HEALTH controls?
  13. B

Is Prostate Cancer an Infectious Disease? ( XMRV)

I would greatly appreciate your input from slide 21...... I think Dr. Klein said, everyone is infected with XMRV, but persist in those deficient in anti viral defenses. Birddog
  14. B

anyone take Curcumin or NAC?

Sue, I have been taking longvida optimized curcumnin fot three weeks with excellent results......(I have had cfs since 1987 and xmrv+).... two weeks ago I added one Effervescent N-Acetylcysteine 900 mg found it did give me more energy, but I developed flu symptoms. Keep us posted on your results.