• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Eressea

ME/cvs.Net has launched an emailcampagne in Dutch called 'Forget ME not'.

I was just about to post it here, too :) You're doing great work, Esther, thanks! Let's hope a lot of people will join us!! PS: The banners are brilliantly found. They say: forget ME not -beat the illness, not the patient -you wouldn't send an AIDS patient to the psychiatrist -with my positive...
  2. Eressea

Article: The "A Time For Action" Campaign Is WORKING!

Can we do this from other countries, too?
  3. Eressea

Lost in the World? The Romberg Test Poll

LOL yeah, me too. Just did it, but now I'm nauseous and dizzy, just as if I have been twirling too much on my office chair. I felt like I was swaying a lot and almost fell down, but my mom told me I was only swaying a tiny little bit, and correcting that swayings with subtle hip movements. So I...
  4. Eressea

XMRV test Redlabs Belgium

I'd go to the States, if I were you... I live in the Netherlands, and it was quite difficult to get the tubes of blood I needed, they refused to draw my blood at the hospital. I finally managed it in Amersfoort Hospital (NL) finally, with the help of a friend. What you need to do is download and...
  5. Eressea

Anyone else finding it hard to prioritise Austen over XMRV?

Hmm... does watching the movie count? I just got halfway in Sense and Sensibility, so it'll take a while before I can start on Emma... I do have the awesome all novels in one book, only €5 at play.com :) It's kinda heavy to hold, though.
  6. Eressea

Dr meirleir on Dutch tv today!!

On ME/CVS.net they're talking about translating the transcript into English, we have 2 volunteers, so it's coming... hopefully soon :P ((by the way, it was brilliant how first was told how great De Meirleir was, internationally aknowledged etc., and then they end with a quote from Nijmegen/Van...
  7. Eressea

Can you trace your illness back to about 1980?

Thanks :) Yes, I do already feel at home here, I really like the chat :D
  8. Eressea

Can you trace your illness back to about 1980?

I've been reading a lot on this forum, but never posted anything... but I think that my case might be interesting :) I'm from a ME/CFS family: my greatgrandmom became ill in her teens (1930's), we don't know more than that she always has been sickly. There is not much known about my great-great...