• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. BeBe

Push crash cycle, how to stop?

heyyy, me too and I've been icky crashy sick all day. I totally overdid it and am so broke I havent much to eat so things get creative at mealtime. also a busy holiday and weekend trying to have a semi normal situation. lol -was told tonight by a friend on the phone the classic line "gee...
  2. BeBe

Comment by 'BeBe' in 'Electrolyte should have sugar - CFS Dr said'

hi, I remember how thrilled I was when I discovered Pedialyte- so I know what you mean. I've also made my own version too which is essentially healthier anyway. Yes it's true we need sugar to "pump up the volume", which of course with all the fungal issues that are rampant, causes a dilemma...
  3. BeBe

ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor

Hooray for our animal friends, many Blessings on them all. Their needs are so small and they give so much. I have had many rescue cats and it's really a mutual rescue! I love/d them all dearly and they have kept me sane and given me a purpose when I've been at my lowest on this journey. Their...
  4. BeBe

serious cold intolerance and cold extremities

HaHa, yes indeed I'm freezing right now! It explains my fabulously bizarre daily attire of multi colored layers of scarves, vests, etc. I like long sleeves for tucking my hands in and out of so I can use them when I need them instead of wearing gloves in the house. I promised myself to never...
  5. BeBe

Circadian Rhythm Problems

thankyou so much ~I'm on it hope! is the little flame of faith that things will get better
  6. BeBe

Circadian Rhythm Problems

hi, I thought I'd tried everything until I saw the info about the blue blocking light idea--I feel like screaming because there are so many of you that have the same problem with sleep--I feel so frustrated and alone--upside down-- with sleep (now that I finally get some since I didn't sleep for...
  7. BeBe

A doctor in the Boston area please...

8. BeBe

New simple instructions to e-mail your congressional representatives to cancel IOM contract

awesome. Done. --thanks for the simple instructions ;) Go Ahead and do it if you haven't!! Best of luck to us all
  9. BeBe

A doctor in the Boston area please...

I have been living with ME since Aug. 2001 and have had treatment from a local (small town) physician and am interested in finding a doctor in Boston, Ma area who may know more and be able to help.
  10. BeBe

Canary in a Coalmine - Exclusive interview and film trailer help launch Kickstarter campaign!

Anyway you have emboldened me to call it ME. i have described it as being hit by a truck with the worst flu in my life which I then have had for years. more to that of course
  11. BeBe

Canary in a Coalmine - Exclusive interview and film trailer help launch Kickstarter campaign!

hi sorry i guess it is done. I get so mad i cant even keep up with THIS stuff. best of luck to you with the film. sigh. I would love to tell my story I guess I have to write it down in total. I have kept a small diary over the years to vent in. that help[ed
  12. BeBe

HI, this is exciting. call me confused ;) but is it too late to "pitch my story"? I am often overwhelmed by the website and computer in general so stay out of the loop pretty much. diagnosed with this illness in Aug 2001. Read the newsletter today and need to connect. thankyou