• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. U

Improving heaps!

That's quite an impressive improvement, from 3 to 6, and quite encouraging to read. I'm glad for you it's working. Also, it'd be great if you could add your story in here. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asa09r5BszcvdFlOVU5TbGItNUU0RUJndVIybmMtUmc#gid=0 We need numbers, please.
  2. U

Most effective treatments spreadsheet

Personally I'd like it to be an exercise that is helpful to as many people here as possible. There's a box that asks for the CFS diagnosis and another for other relevant diagnosis. I was assuming that those who don't have CFS would input something to make that clear. If someone doesn't have CFS...
  3. U

Triffid113, Thanks for filling in your treatments. I have taken the liberty of splitting the actual treatments from your comments and moved the comments to that column. I'd appreciate if you can also specify the degree of improvement in terms of the PR activity ratings for each so to give an...
  4. U

Most effective treatments spreadsheet - tidied

Triffid113, Thanks for filling in your treatments. I have taken the liberty of splitting the actual treatments from your comments and moved the comments to that column. I'd appreciate if you can also specify the degree of improvement in terms of the PR activity ratings for each so to give an...
  5. U

Sushi, Your comments are perfectly valid, you're describing what happens in practice. Of course treatments are synergistic but if you can list the one or two that were the main improvers. You can mention the others in the comments column. The idea is to have a simplified overview of what moves...
  6. U

Sushi, Your comments are perfectly valid, you're describing what happens in practice. Of course treatments are synergistic but if you can list the one or two that were the main improvers. You can mention the others in the comments column. The idea is to have a simplified overview of what moves...
  7. U

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asa09r5BszcvdFlOVU5TbGItNUU0RUJndVIybmMtUmc#gid=0 Hi, I have thought of condensing into a spreadsheet people's experiences with effective treatments, which was started in another thread. It seems from that thread that there are treatments that help...
  8. U

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asa09r5BszcvdFlOVU5TbGItNUU0RUJndVIybmMtUmc#gid=0 Hi, I have thought of condensing into a spreadsheet people's experiences with effective treatments, which was started in another thread. It seems from that thread that there are treatments that help...
  9. U

Two most effective treatments?

Thanks for posting your experiences. It was great reading all posts. I understand that isolating single treatments is an oversimplification and that different treatments seem to work for different people. Nevertheless I found it very interesting and learnt new things also. I thought that it...
  10. U

First of all thank you for all replies so far. Yes, you're right. That initial post of mine wasn't very clear. Mark, Yes that was the intention. A thread of short posts that people could easily look up and see what is moving other forward. I realize this may be an oversimplification...
  11. U

Nanonug, I've replied in my earlier post. However, this thread was not intended to be about me but about actual experiences with treatments. I was just asking; 1. Your top two most effective treatments 2. How much better they made you. Sorry but I feel frustrated when reading a thread going...
  12. U

I'd like to have an idea what really helps people and what doesn't. I've been reading posts for quite some time. There are so many things people try but I can't get a clear idea of what really helps. I have spent thousands on tests and treatments that have lead me nowhere. So I take testing...
  13. U

Hi everyone, I'm trying to make my mind up as to what treatment to try next. I would be grateful if you could share your thoughts about which treatments have helped you the most. Pls do not make a laundry list of all the things you tried and helped. Just the top two would be great, e.g. your...
  14. U

underdog

15. U

Getting rid of ME: a very personal plan

I got so fed up with being ill. It's not just that I can't stand any longer feeling unwell and fatigued all the time, the inability to do the things I enjoyed doing. I can't stand any longer looking at the years of my life passing by without having being lived in a more fulfilling way. Add to...