• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. O

liquid Amino Acids -

thanks, for replying, I don't know much at all about amino. how long have you been on yours? have you noticed any benefits yet? I'm in the UK so not sure I can buy the same one you're on. Did you have your amino levels checked before you started supplementing? thanks
  2. O

liquid Amino Acids -

Hello I'm thinking of trying some liquid amino acids as my protein intake is generally low due to high nausea. My fatigue is terrible and thought these might help. http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=617&prodid=275&cid=2 I don't know much about amino acids but...
  3. O

feeling worse on B12 inj

my mutivit contains 400mg of Folic Acid would this be enough?
  4. O

feeling worse on B12 inj

sorry for the delay in replying, i've been in bed. I'm taking half a 1mg/1ml of hydroxo. They come in 1mg/1ml ampoule and I keep it in the fridge and have half of this every other day. I'm also taking 0.5mil of magnesium per week Iron supplement vit C Vit D 1,000 iu. 1,000mg Omega 3 VSL...
  5. O

feeling worse on B12 inj

Hello Please can I have some advice, i've been taking 1mil of hydrox...b12 inj once a week with no problem but not really feeling enough benefit so my Dr changed my dose to half a mil every other day. I've been having this for 3 weeks but feeling worse. Not sure if it is the change of dose...
  6. O

could b12 improve stomach motility?

thanks Rydra i can relate to a lot of what you said. My TSH was 3.5 and my iron has always been low. I've managed to get my ferrtin up to 50 and my TSH to 1.9 with the help of Iron and Selenium and maybe betaine HCL as well. My new batch of betaine has arrived so I will try upping my dose...
  7. O

I am also on 3 different types of antiemetics, I need at least one type each day often two. How does the Metafolin help with the stomach and nausea?
  8. O

Good to hear that you nausea has improved Fredd, my nausea is never due to to much acid. I had a gastric emptying scan which shows my stomach does not have parastelis waves. It appears to have no movement. I live with terrible nausea and vomiting daily, and have to take suppository...
  9. O

thanks Rich Interesting I have done an stomach acid test, I had to swallow a capsule (20 mins after eating a protein meal) and then pull the string back out through my mouth. It did show my stomach was very alkaline, I am now taking betaine hcl 1 or 2 capsule with each meal. I've been...
  10. O

A question for a B12 guru as I don't understand the science bit..... I have bad stomach motility problems on top of CFS. Could the B12 inj help with stomach and gut motility or might they make it worse? I have read B12 can help nerve function so could this include stomach nerves. I'm now...
  11. O

magnesium levels not going up even with injections

thanks for all your info, Just to clarify by blood serium magneisum was low as well as the Cellular level. It showed low on both the tests, although I realise the Cellular test is the one to go by. thanks to everyone for sending me all the info
  12. O

I'm having IM injections, I have just managed to speak to Dr, he thinks probably as my diet is very carbohydrate based this can effect magnesium level,. Also i have to up my amount injected a bit. The result is a smalll amount lower so probably not so significant. I was just not expecting it...
  13. O

i've been having magnesium injections (over 20 of them) approx 1 mil every other week. My blood serum and Red Cell magnesium levels have gone down rather than up - why would this be? Am i just not having enough? Am i abnormal?
  14. O

Magnesium injections - I'm having weekly injections any feedback would be good

just got my magnesium (red cell) and plamsa blood test results and after 24 magnesium injections my blood levels are still the same as before I started injected magnesium. How can this be???? exasberating
  15. O

Acute G.I. episodes

Just a thought could it be stomach epilepsy, or a stomach migraine? these are quite rare and difficult to diagnose but do exist.
  16. O

Magnesium injections - I'm having weekly injections any feedback would be good

Hi I'm having weekly magnesium injections (along with B12). Has anyone found that the magnesium has really helped. If so how long have they had them for?
  17. O

B12 Injections - how long can continue to have these weekly inj.

I improved on 1mg hydroxy B12 injections weekly, but taking 5mg methyl daily sublingual plus 800mcg metafolin as well as the hydroxy for months has done nothing. Hi Jenny Thats good that you noticed improvement on 1mg of b12 injection. How many injections before you started to notice...
  18. O

My Dr said I can up my dose, gradually, so will try and do this over next few weeks.
  19. O

thanks for this info. Fredd - I have to go quite slow with my treatment as I often react to treatments badly. I'm also on a ton of supplements, special diet, and magnesium injections
  20. O

Hello I've been having B12 injections, (prescribed by a private clinic) 1mil Hydrox. per week. I've think they maybe helping, i've had about 20 so far. and obviously want to keep having them weekly. Just wondered for how long can you keep having these injections? is this something...
  21. O

Probiotics - which one has the best variety of good bacteria?

Hi Whit I've also been advised to take VSL 3, i've been on it for 2 months, and think it is helping with my gut symptoms and my well being. How long have you been on it? do you feel it is helping in any way yet?
  22. O

B12 injections - how regularly do people inject

I always inject into the bum. I'm so skinny I don't think that there is enough fat to try anywhere else.
  23. O

thanks for this, I will gradually increase dose (as per the clinic's recommendation) I am self injecting so i'm not reliant on the clinc. I don't feel so worried about upping the dose now as I can see many of you are on much larger amounts. It's been really interesting reading your replies...
  24. O

thanks for this, I will gradually increase dose (as per the clinic's recommendation) I am self injecting so i'm not reliant on the clinc. I don't feel so worried about upping the dose now as I can see many of you are on much larger amounts. It's been really interesting reading your replies...
  25. O

Sorry I forgot to day I have 1mg only, I know this isn't much. When you say 5mg three times a week is too much, how do you know, what happens?
  26. O

Hello I'm having B12 injections myself via a private clinic (Hydroxycobalamin). I started with an injection every 2 weeks but not seen any benefit, so i'm moving onto weekly injections to see if this helps. I was wondering how often others inject B12 in order to get any benefit...