• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

My Chocolate

sounds like a smart doctor, enjoy your chocolate looks yummy
  2. H

what natural to use for pain when cant take medications at times

thanks for replies...im so sensitive to even otc cough medicines only take nyquil and dayquil wehn sick but had saw commerical for nyqilzzz its just for sleep so not sure why doctor doesnt want me to take it... baths help some just with the amount of pain i have and cant take a dose of...
  3. H

ok thanks i have b12 use and take multi vitamin when remember... id aksed about taking the nyquil zzz i saw commercial about she told me not to take..not sure why i take nyquil and dayquil when sick... thanks for replys..
  4. H

dr myhill, the brain effect, which type are you??

thanks for posting...i feel horrible ive not been able to come on alot i use to like helping others and talking with others with understand...but saw your post and it looks os interesting...i dont feel like reading now...too tired but hopefully will remmeber or run across it and read.
  5. H

since driving kid to school i cant take medications and drive have to miss dose...told doctor gettting less prescriptions...she was very busy in hurry to get out of room and had to leave note with nurse. they call back today and say look up something natural for pain on internet..get motrin...
  6. H

can neuro do anything to help that pcp/pain cant?

thnaks for replies...i dont like going to alot of doctors wears me out in so ,many ways...really like psych cause he doesnt make me go often he understands the phobias and stuff..really like regular doctor but last few times shes spent 4 to 8 mintues with me and last time really upset me had to...
  7. H

Progressive fatigue

hello welcome to baord lots of wonderful people : ) my fatigue gets worse and worse as time goes by...everyone is different though take carea nad again welcome
  8. H

Special friend remembered

{{{{{jody}}}}}}}} i appoligize...my eyes arent that great and my mind either and i completely didnt understand when i read the first post that it was made by you.... how sad she was so isolated....
  9. H

Special friend remembered

(((((((nielk))))))) how sad...you, your friend and her family and friends said a prayer for to heal.... such a sad story....but sounds all to fimilair for alot : ( you seem like a great kind and caring person and im sure your communications with her however it was meant alot to her and...
  10. H

can neuro do anything to help that pcp/pain cant?

just worn out in every way...soemoene told hubby neurologist may help and ive seen one and was dianosed migranes...but pain doctor is great and prescribes migrane medicine so dont have to go to alot of doctors... my short term memory horrible but long term really good....so just wondering what...
  11. H

UK documentaries investigate Work Capability Assessment/Atos Undercover

hello i dont understand any of the way they do things...i have folder hubby had me keep stuff in when i was trying to file..i didnt understand questions...when id ask lady she was nice but it was strange...i recall cause i gave fun fact to kids...i didnt understand lifting part...she said 2...
  12. H

UK documentaries investigate Work Capability Assessment/Atos Undercover

hello i dont understand any of the way they do things...i have folder hubby had me keep stuff in when i was trying to file..i didnt understand questions...when id ask lady she was nice but it was strange...i recall cause i gave fun fact to kids...i didnt understand lifting part...she said 2...
  13. H

anyone wear back brace when hot? good kind that not so uncomfortable?

was wondering if anyone else wears a back brace under shirt when its hot? i dont like to because it is very uncomforable and sweaty and itchy irrates skin...but i do, do it if know i have to grocery shop by myself or something....and i dont want to wear over shirt unless cool enough to wear...
  14. H

Don't Honk at Old People -- 30 Second Video Clip :)

ive always said no one should honk at old...or anyone unless the other person is in danger or doing something that could cause themselves or other danger...hate to see people just honk cause someoen doesnt go from 0 to 40 at a red light...geeezeee
  15. H

Things I'm grateful for, feel free to add

oh wonderful post...so glad i come on and i started not to cuase of back and so much anxiety for all things cause it rained....and worrying about hubby kids me having to drive oh lord...so thanks for taking my mind off that for a minute.. im so very grateful for my wonderful kids.... for the...
  16. H

Does brain fog reduce the spiritual sense?

ive recently posted about guilt of not being able to go to church...not sure if thats what you are talking about also...i do still pray alot...but feel guilty about asking God for help when i cant even make it to church...theese illness take so much away and some are alot worse than...
  17. H

Invisible Illness Week

thats a great comeback graciej.....its sad in a way that people still dont understand how bad these illness are....i am so afraid of being bedridden, my husband jokes cause i get up do a little and lay down...laying down more than up and he says thats being bedridden i just dont accept it...but...
  18. H

Is a headache lasting 4 months solid "normal" for ME?

ive had headaches and migranes for years gets worse like everything else with these illness as time goes on...its a daily thing and gets to point i cry..i dont htink it is normal at all though to go through that for so long....but ive been told it can be part of these illness...you really should...
  19. H

Invisible Illness Week

thanks for posting roxie i had posted about finding that site awhile ago and love it but i cant do more than one site at time and so much going on right now...and plus i forget my password to it so have to look it up lol.. but thats wonderful that people are taking these illness more seriously...
  20. H

ive felt too embarassed to come on this board becuase i cant go to church in so long

Thank you all for respoinding and helping me, as i said its took awhile to post..and i appreciate each of you responding as i know your not feeling well.. taniaaust1 thanks for responding.....no id never ever judge anyone and not my oldest or any of my kids....he is one of the most wonderful...
  21. H

ive felt too embarassed to come on this board becuase i cant go to church in so long

thank you all for your kind words and the webiste that was posted....i just feel lke i let the kids down and myself and God as i said..i was raised that one has to go to church and i use to alot...but once i got sick i jsut cant...it takes all i can to do what i have to....i do appreciate your...
  22. H

thank you silverbladeTE i appreciate your thoughts...this illness is horrible...up until i got sick i was a compeletly different person, i think one of the things that make me feel so badly and i really hope no one judges because i do have wonderful, intelligent good kids...but oldest is very...
  23. H

ive seen the board for spirituality and have posted on others in past but ive not been able to go to church in so long i feel so embarrassed and like i really let my kids myself and worse God down....i do pray alot....i use to enjoy going to church and taking the kids...i use to do so much...
  24. H

uncontrollable shivering.

not sure if what you are talking about but i get chills and shiver...but also get really hot off and on... maybe you are getting flu? or some other bug? be careful and take your temperture often hope you feel better
  25. H

Feeling poisoned

i feel like im dying daily..pain and fatigue worse at times but not sure why.. but yes feel very poisioned...
  26. H

Hands numb for 2 months...why?

hello, great info...i have siatcia nerve damage pain and causes numbness down left leg but sometimes my arms will go numb too...it drives me crazy..i didnt see the dr. oz you spoke of but very interesting...thanks for sharing
  27. H

Advice wanted.. leg issue is stopping me from being able to Sleep

hope your feeling better, ive been diagnosed with rls, and sometimes its weird even i feel need to move arms and body...but im weird like that i guess... alot of times it feels like bubbles in my legs...and they ache really bad and hurt...and move them...i have siatica nerve damage and back...
  28. H

Strange arm pain

hello hope your ultrasound turns out good...its great that your having the pain checked out...theres so many pains and symptoms and illness that seems to be attracted to these illness....so i never know when something is serious or not.. i have pain everywehre..left leg numb alot from back...
  29. H

Group home for ME/CFS

hope you find a place you love..but liek the others i dont live there and ive never heard of it either...but it sounds wonderful...im so isolated and every month seems to get worse...i do have hubby and kids and the kids are all getting older and do help so much..im so grateful for that.. but...
  30. H

pharmacy blues

hello ocean...i really like the doctor but the office is always very very busy...i have asked they be written ahead of time ive even emailed them asking weeks or days ahead of visit..and explained why i want written ahead of time so can take in prescriptin and to add the amount of refills until...