• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. suz9601

High DHEA, low Testosterone... why?

Hi Tiger Lady! Just came across this post. I have extremely elevated Dhea and low estrogen. I have been searching for years as to why my DHEA is so high. No doctor has been able to give me any answers. They just offer me the BC pill or other drugs, which I am chemically sensitive, so that is a...
  2. suz9601

Comment by 'suz9601' in 'The power of gratitude'

That's great GracieJ. I don't sleep more than a couple of hours a night w/o waking up, so I know that is a blessing. =) It can be tough to see the blessings when things are so dark, but they are there.
  3. suz9601

suz9601

4. suz9601

The power of gratitude

I wanted to share one thing that has really changed my life for the better recently. A couple of years ago I found myself dwelling on all the negative situations around me and finding it hard to see the positive. I had been hearing people like Oprah and some pastors talk about gratitude...
  5. suz9601

Dental Health: Yet One More Challenge For Those With ME/CFS

that's interesting Ema about how grinding leads to increased cortisol. That explains a lot in me.
  6. suz9601

High DHEA, androsterione, Low Estrogen

Thanks Ema, You think 150 on day 21 is okay even if I ovulated the day before.? Remember I ovulate on day 20 or so...so it kind of messes things up as far as a normal cycle..I could have caught the spike from right before ovulation..On day 3 my estridial is 35. Day 10 it is around 50. I do...
  7. suz9601

HPA Dysfunction and Low Testosterone Levels

Sorry I don't have any help to offer but I am dealing with the same thing only female and my estrogen has plummeted. I am 35. I am trying to decide whether to treat bioidentically as well....I don't want to turn off what little amount I am making though...it's a tough place to be and have not...
  8. suz9601

When Lyme Disease Lasts and Lasts

Hi Parismountain, Thanks for the article. I am CDC IGM positive on igenex and have tried abx a couple of times but get so sick from the die off that I have to stop. I was wondering if you were IGM CDC too or what was your result.?? I have an appt at the end of the year with a LLMD to discuss...
  9. suz9601

No the testosterone was blood. I got it mixed up...it is total test serum 39 ( 14-76) Free Testosterone .7 (0-2.2) Weight is 130 5'6 so I am good there..Fasting b. sugar is 89 Insulin was tested and okay. It was 2 on a scale of (<17)..this was fasting Just curious why you said day...
  10. suz9601

Thanks for the welcome. These levels are from a couple of years ago. I need to find a new doc that can test AND know what to do about the results..my last doc just offered the bcpill...which I had a gut feeling was not good news, plus my bad reaction in the past. I kind of gave up and now my...
  11. suz9601

THe DHEA was in the blood at it was 1400 and the range was likedd (300-722) or something like that...it was about double the top. I also had a saliva test done and it was slightly elevated in that as well. I am not sure if I have PCOS. I had an ultrasound of the ovaries years ago and was...
  12. suz9601

I have been dealing with this issue for years trying to find a doctor that can help me find out what my body is doing. I have very high DHEA (not DHEA-S, that one is normal) Elevated Androsterione and Low estrogen. I am not sure what to do to address this issue....Docs have offered the BC pill...