• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Mitochondrial and Energy Metabolism Dysfunction in ME/CFS — Myhill, Booth and McLaren-Howard Papers

Re above link ''Interview with Dr Karl Morten on Science 4 ME forums'', I went on there when the paper hit the news via MEA apparently I had joined a couple of years ago, I remembered I wasn't impressed back then & certainly wasn't impressed last week either. I also noticed this in the link...
  2. T

Mitochondrial and Energy Metabolism Dysfunction in ME/CFS — Myhill, Booth and McLaren-Howard Papers

Just remembered what it was about the link in my previous comment, I believe the paper that has hit the headlines was testing Dr Myhills test that used neutrophils but that they were problematic and went onto PBMC's but that it wasn't documented (something like that) so the above paper was...
  3. T

Can I put this here for your perusal not sure if it is the same Paper or Different due to similarities, authors and timescale https://peerj.com/articles/6500/?utm_source=TrendMD&utm_campaign=PeerJ_TrendMD_0&utm_medium=TrendMD
  4. T

Acknowledgements were MEA, Afme & MRC. MEA not always our friend but better than Afme which supported PACE & Controversial NICE guidelines. MRC (Medical Research Council) Funders that Wessely has professional links to include The MRC, Dr Myhill is always under threat from the powers to be. With...
  5. T

Vinpocetine

I know this is a few years back but do you still take this Kaffiend or is anyone else taking this or has taken it. I have just been prescribed this after Several Periventriculat Lesions were discovered on an MRI as well as my cognitive problems or perhaps someone can help and tell me what this...
  6. T

Count Me In Marches On!

?"It is with deep regret & sadness that those of us involved with COUNT ME IN feel that the time has come for it to cease. Hopefully the Wpi & Dr Judy Mikovits can carry on doing great work. We'd like to thank everyone for all your support & what we all achieved in coming together globally...
  7. T

Count Me In Marches On!

Well said Jace. I can not imagine the costs of running WPI, i give every month - not a lot, but what I can spare
  8. T

Were you ever vaccinated for your job?

Oh yes - joined the Air Force - so loads there. Then as a Student Nurse - where my ME deteriorated and became constant :-(
  9. T

Count ME In! $$$'s for the WPI - April's here

I would just click on the Count Me In blogger page - full explanation there :cheeky grin:
  10. T

Starting helminthic therapy for CFS, log

years ago I watch a program on this too long ago for much detail but I was struck by the Narrator/commentator who ingested worms, He had serious hayfever/flower allergy but after ingesting the worms he was able to stand in a greenhouse full of flowers.
  11. T

Nature article about Judy Mikovits and XMRV

Thought provoking article - lets not forget how truthful articles are lol there always has to be added spice, I will add a pinch of salt with my reading of it