• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

L-Theanine slows methylation? Reduces muscle pain?

@tiredowl Thank you! I will look into that pathway. I did genetic testing and I’m curious if I have any SNPs in that pathway. @bjl218 I do take the magnesium calm powder and magnesium glycinate as well as Epsom salt baths. But I will try upping them. Magnesium could be used for healing more now...
  2. B

L-Theanine slows methylation? Reduces muscle pain?

So I’ve been steadily improving with methylation treatment for 6 months now but have struggled with anxiety and waking with racing thoughts/anxiety. So after doing more research, I started taking L-Theanine and PharmaGaba. @caledonia and @ahmo and @Mary all had great suggestions about getting...
  3. B

Food sources of L-Methylfolate?

Thank you so much @alicec foe the links! Those are very helpful! @ChrisD that’s a really good perspective. When I start to feel well, I realize I get anxious to get my diet back to “normal”. But I’ve had issues sourcing from food, and got better so far with very targeted supplementing. So it’s...
  4. B

Food sources of L-Methylfolate?

I am slowly recovering from CFS/ME with methylation protocols and detoxing. I have MTHFR mutations and so have been avoiding folic acid and most folates from my diet for over a year. I am starting to introduce more foods back in, and I don’t really understand which foods I should avoid. There...
  5. B

How to balance methylation and sleep?

Thank you for all of that @Learner1. Obviously although I’ve improved a lot, it’s time to get some more testing and expert help based on the results. Would your doctor be available for Skype appointments? My biggest challenge right now is finding a doctor that has a lot a of experience with...
  6. B

Good point @PennyIA! I will try having them earlier. I’ve pushed methylfolat and B vitamins earlier, so now they’re spread out 7am-1pm, but will try 10am. Thanks!
  7. B

Thank you @Mary! Yes I’ve found taking niacin a couple hours before bed and then in the middle of the night really helps, but not during the day. I’ve upped my magnesium quite a bit because I found I was always worse if I reduced it. So now I take it in the morning, throughout the day, with...
  8. B

Thanks @Learner1 ! That’s a good point to do some more testing. I’m not against it, I’m just currently looking for a MTHFR literate doctor, and hoping I could order the tests then and have him/her help evaluate the results. (Each doctor seems to have their favorite set of tests and I don’t want...
  9. B

New here! Thanks to 23andme and Freddd and Rich’s protocol I’ve been healing! (Was bedridden at one point, severe PEM, etc.) I’m using the deadlock Quartett, have followed @ahmo great guide (thank you)! The issue is that when I take enough methylfolate/B12 to feel really symptom free, I have...