• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Epiglottis Swelling / Sore Throats

Anyone else ever has epiglottis swelling? Also, anyone that has had CFS a long time had the sore throats go away after awhile and then return?
  2. A

What gives you joy every day?

I joined PR realizing that I've had CFS longer than I've lived being healthy. I hadn't really thought about it that way until recently. When I reflect back, I realize how much positivity has fostered an inner strength that helps me even when my body is weak. That's not to say I don't complain...
  3. A

High Cortisol

I've read that a lot of people with ME/CFS tend to have lower cortisol levels - I apologize as I don't have a source and can't remember where I read it. Is that the case for most of you? Mine is high.
  4. A

Muscle pain

How many of you have muscle weakness and muscle pain where it feels like you lifted weights and your muscles are sore? Is it inflammation, lactic acid build up, or what? and does anything work to ease the pain? The pain level seems to coincide with my Fatigue level too. Also, there are...
  5. A

Injuries and ME/CFS Crashes

Has anyone else experienced worsening of ME/CFS fatigue after a physical injury?