• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Henrik

Game-Changing "Leaky Gut" Treatment (Larazotide Acetate) will soon be available

I will likely buy more Larazotide in the next two months. If anyone else is interested in doing a group buy do let me know.
  2. Henrik

I hear you and I'm not saying that Larazotide is perfect. But I have tried a lot of supplements and I've seen a lot of doctors and almost nothing worked. While I'm far from 100% healthy Larazotide has give me a clear benefit which I'm very grateful for.
  3. Henrik

I'm not sure about Europeans ones, but there are a couple of good Chinese vendors that ship to Europe. And by good I mean that people from this forum bought their products, tested it at a lab, and it came out as a high grade product.
  4. Henrik

I've been taking Larazotide for close to two years now and it's been very helpful. However, my fatigue was always closely related to my gut health so I could be an outlier.
  5. Henrik

I'm keen on giving larazotide a shot as well. Does anyone know a reputable source? I'd be happy to pitch in for testing if needed.
  6. Henrik

Can an autoimmune diet lower autoantibody titers?

I have CFS + POTS and at least for me the electrolytes do help. I know a lot of people in the Carnivore community like to claim that all you need is meat, but a lot of people with a research background seems to think some electrolytes such as potassium are too low in the Carnivore diet. Btw if...
  7. Henrik

Can an autoimmune diet lower autoantibody titers?

The Carnivore diet has been very positive for me, but I share your concerns. While supplement for some of the more obvious ones like the ones you mentioned I think supplementing is not an exact science. And I'm sure there are nutrients we don't even know about that I might be missing.
  8. Henrik

Incredible improvements with Helminthic Therapy

I'm in Sub-Saharan Africa. I think if I was in the US or Europe I'd be fine. The suppliers are telling me that the customers within the same continent are recieving the packages albeit a bit slower than usual. Also I've found someone in Europe that is willing to re-ship it for me so I think I...
  9. Henrik

I appreciate the effort, but as far as I know there is no other supplier that does DHL either. So considering the current pandemic they would all have the same problem? I would love to find out I was wrong however so if I have missed anything please let me know.
  10. Henrik

Would anyone in the US or Australia be willing to help DHL/UPS some worms for me? I got two orders stuck in limbo for six months and I'm looking for options since regular mail isn't working. I will reimburse whoever is doing it for their time and cost and I'll send money upfront.
  11. Henrik

Good luck man. Just remember that helminthic therapy takes time. No one likes to wait and least of all myself, but give it at least three month to show any effect.
  12. Henrik

I think that is probably good advice. Is think minimizing risk is important for people in very poor health such as ME/CFS patients.
  13. Henrik

I PM'd Mito and I'm interesting in splitting it. However, I'm curious how hard it would be to get the dosing right. I've done other peptides like BPC-157 before, but I feel those are easier to dose. I haven't done any chemistry in the last 15 years. Can someone more knowledgeable please tell me...
  14. Henrik

I'm currently re-upping with 10NA every 6 months or so. However, I think the optimal dose might vary between individuals. I'm not even sure I have the ideal dose and I'm still experimenting with both the dose and the species of helminths. The one thing that I can say with some confidence is...
  15. Henrik

I did try HDC, but I personally did not notice a difference. The only one I have tried where I was prettuy confident it made a difference is NA.
  16. Henrik

I would love to know if anyone found it.
  17. Henrik

I'm still on helminthic therapy and it still seems to work for. Just like Gyre I'm not by any stretch in remission, but I have gone from moderate to mild ME/CFS. I have something which resembles an ordinary life now. I'm using NA and I'm currently giving TSO a shot as well. I seem to have a...
  18. Henrik

Is it possible to get bloated stomach from exercise?

Not as far as I know. But I do have mild gastritis as well as eosinophilic esophagitis so it's not like my gastrointestinal is in top shape.
  19. Henrik

Is it possible to get bloated stomach from exercise?

Do any of you guys get bloating when you exercising? I always had severe IBS and I got bloating from most carbs, any FODMAPS, NSAIDs etc. However due to the carnivore diet I've been a lot better lately and I've been able to exercise again. Unfortunately twice now I've been noticing that when I...
  20. Henrik

Fixing Leaky Gut Helps ME/CFS, and Sometimes Achieves Full Remission

My fatigue and CFS symptoms too. I guess the one caveat I should mention is that not everyone has the severe gut issues that I had. I know some people on this forum have severe CFS, but no apparent gut issues. For me there was always a correlation between my bloating and my fatigue. But yeah...
  21. Henrik

I think if you want to try it I think it would be easier to cut down gradually on the carbs so say 200g -> 100g -> 50g -> Keto -> Carnivore. That way you are getting gradually stricter, but it's not too abrupt. I agree that going from 200g of carbs to <10 can be difficult. I agree with you...
  22. Henrik

Aren't you a slam dunk candidate to try it then? I mean you have the perfect profile to try it :-) Just try it for 14 days. If it's not a fit you can go back to eating whatever you eat now and if it works well I can tell you it's easier than you think. I wake up each day thankful for the hell...
  23. Henrik

I have been at it for about 9 months. I have played around with different supplements, but as my stomach healed and my body adjusted I stopped taking them. I know some people really get benefit from betaine hcl or similar though. However, I do tend it to eat smaller portions and split it up over...
  24. Henrik

I'm curious, how many people in this thread tried going Carnivore? For me it has eliminated almost all of my issues with SIBO and IBS. I know it's a diet not everyone is capable of adhering to, but some of us has seen fantastic changes. I went through an evolution of diets where I went Vegan->...
  25. Henrik

Carnivore Diet for ME?

Thanks! :) Also, you are right about the HCL. I forgot to mention this, but in the beginning I could only eat smaller portions of mainly lean meat if I wanted no stomach upset. I played around some with different enzymes and HCL and I found that adding say Bio Gest from Thorne helped a lot. I'm...
  26. Henrik

Carnivore Diet for ME?

I don't right now. I have measured ketones before when I was doing keto and I was trying to hit a certain range. I know keto works wonders for some people, but I found for me personally it's less important with keto and more important to not eat anything that can trigger my IBS, SIBO or cause...
  27. Henrik

Carnivore Diet for ME?

A typical day would be: Breakfast: Patties made of minced meat and beef liver Lunch: Oysters and steak Dinner: Bone broth and lamb I won't deny it's repetitive, but it has been easier than I thought. I have to say being sick for a long time makes you very motivated. I think a lot of people can...
  28. Henrik

Carnivore Diet for ME?

I've been doing Carnivore for close to four months and for the first time in the last eight years I'm in almost complete remission. Zero bloating, no fatigue and no PEM. I'm doing beef, bone broth, oysters and salt so towards the minimalistic side. After seeing 23 different doctors and trying...
  29. Henrik

Biohacking

Sure, it won't cure the CFS, but I think at times it's a useful way to get some objective feedback. A few things which might be useful are: 1. Oura ring or similar to track sleep 2. CGM (continuous blood glucose meter) to track blood glucose. 3. Heart Rate Variability Monitor None of these...
  30. Henrik

Testosterone injections

Yes, there are a couple of pretty good threads on it. If you put "testosterone" in the search function they should come up. You can find the search function in the top right corner.