• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Activism: please use words instead of pictures

Thanks to everyone who help raise awareness. Just a thought. I’ve noticed a number of Twitter users who help raise awareness are using links as well as pictures of quoted text. (Not sure if it is the same case on other social media) I know our energy is always limited but if you can, try to add...
  2. M

OMF Newsletter October 2017

Hi Could you paste the text as well to help search engine optimisation of the forum?
  3. M

I Remember Me/Stephen Paganetti

Just watched the documentary as well. Havent done a proper search but have found this so far. "Probably the most amazing partial recovery story I've encountered is that of Stephen Paganetti, the bedridden teenager in the film, I REMEMBER ME, who had to be wheeled to his graduation on a gurney...
  4. M

Please help my understanding of antibody testing

I also had my SSRI doubled as a first response. My GP ordered an IG borelia burgdorferi test through the NHS. I had mine done at the hospital and they came back negative. (I had tick bite fever more than a decade ago while living in South Africa.) Good luck with your blood tests and take care.
  5. M

What induced your ME?

IVF medication
  6. M

Practical ways of looking nice

MY exact same thought. In real life I hide behind dark glasses.
  7. M

Video by Dr Myhill: Time to stop the abuse of CFS patients

* major eye roll* And to think I bought her book :bang-head::cry:
  8. M

Intention tremor

My neurologist prescribed a beta blocker for tremors. He said my MRI was fine. (This was a couple of years ago, before CFS diagnosis) MIne is also intentional tremor (or essential tremor as it's called here). I only use betablockers when it gets ridiculous - like trying to take a bite - not...
  9. M

Donald Trump Is Tired, and It Won't Be Easy to Fix [article mentions CFS]

I've also had 3 coxsackie virus B's about 14 years ago. Have not been tested for it recently. I wouldn't be surprised if it's related.
  10. M

ALS diagnosed !!

@Omar88 Hope your pain will ease soon. Sending you vibrations of peace, joy and a good night's rest.
  11. M

IVF /fertility treatment effect on energy

Probably messing with my hormones.
  12. M

GETSET (white) in Lancet 22/06/17

Thanks so much for posting this video on the forum. Reading medical research discussions are so exhausting and drains my energy. I finally understand the issues.
  13. M

GETSET (white) in Lancet 22/06/17

@Tom Kindlon thanks for all the work you do in creating awareness
  14. M

Machine Learning-assisted Research on CFS

I'm still new here. Is mariovitali an academic and what is his field? Is there a thread with a list of medical professionals as I would like to follow them.
  15. M

@mariovitali I realise it's more complicated than a keyword search. The learning curve for any newly diagnosed CFS sufferer can be quite daunting. I trust that someone somewhere will find the answer.
  16. M

But on a more serious note. Im actually really excited about finding a solution with machine learning. I dont completely agree that frequency of subject signifies importance. It could very well be that the subjects which appear smaller might be the ones who deserve the spotlight.
  17. M

CBT + GET = Error 404. Page not found
  18. M

IVF /fertility treatment effect on energy

I suspect my CFS started after IVF treatment.
  19. M

The Nottingham Tool Kit: how the UK is selling ME patients down the river with £200 million for MUS

More on functional somatic syndromes....o_O written in 1999. It's SO LAST CENTURY! "Patients with functional somatic syndromes have explicit and highly elaborated self-diagnoses, and their symptoms are often refractory to reassurance, explanation, and standard treatment of symptoms"...
  20. M

CNS findings in chronic fatigue syndrome and a neuropathological case report

Here is another article on Dorsal Root Ganglion if you want to know more. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3287412/ "The DRG is located between the dorsal root and the spinal nerve. It contains pseudounipolar neurons that convey sensory information from the periphery to the CNS...