• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Jemima37

Covid vaccine. Anyone not having it?

Thank you all for your replies, it’s really helped to know it’s not just me who doesn’t want to take the risk. My husband and son will be vaccinated as both over 18 but my 2 younger children age 15 and 17 can’t have the vaccine yet. I don’t know when it will be available for children’s if ever...
  2. Jemima37

I feel the same. I feel anxious about my son and husband getting it, even my husband is worried but he knows he has to for my sake and to work safely. I am going to wait and see how it pans out. My health has suffered enkugh
  3. Jemima37

That’s my fear too as I was so poorly after the swine flu vaccine. My husband and eldest child will be vaccinated. Whenever 16/17 year olds can be vaccinated then my other 2 children will be too. I worry about them getting the vaccine but they want it.
  4. Jemima37

I’ve posted before that since having severe CFS and agoraphobia I’m behind on some appointments and now with the covid vaccine I feel under more pressure. My husband and eldest son(hes 18) are going to have the vaccine. My 2 younger kids are 17 and 15 and can’t have the vaccine as yet in the...
  5. Jemima37

Grief and being a parent with CFS

Thank you so much. I’m so sorry you’re going through this too. I guess I should be grateful it happened to me when mine were a little older so I do have some memories. In some ways that is easier I guess, I’m so sorry for your grief. It’s awful. As a mum it really is so painful. I try not to...
  6. Jemima37

Thank you so much. I am so very sorry to hear about your friend. That’s so awful for her and her family.
  7. Jemima37

I agree. Very wise words. I had a difficult upbringing but it taught me so much. It taught me to love, be kind and it drove me to be the best parent I could be. My children have too faced difficulties seeing their mum unwell and losing my extended family (which none of them have really been...
  8. Jemima37

High cortisol result

Yes high cortisol can be caused by many things, stress, underactive thyroid, depression, anxiety...
  9. Jemima37

I don’t want to be negative but I needed to empty my mind and maybe other parents can relate to this pain. I was diagnosed with CFS in 2017 after being unwell for 18 months. Prior to that in 2012 my brother assaulted me and police were involved as he assaulted me in a police station where I ran...
  10. Jemima37

Having crashes again :(

Thank you for updating 💜
  11. Jemima37

Day 12 and still crashed. So anxious and worried. Longest crash in a very very long time. Maybe 2 years or more. So close to Christmas and I’m just resting in a dark room. Feeling dizzy, weak and nauseous. Haven’t stopped crying with fear. It’s still about a 9 out of 10. I have the occasional...
  12. Jemima37

That is interesting. My friend suggested it could be something to do with my cycle because last month it started on the Sunday and then my period came on Thursday. This time it started on the Friday slightly but then on the Saturday I picked up I felt a bit better, then since Sunday I’ve been...
  13. Jemima37

Thank you so much Rebecca that hug is really appreciated. I’m on day six of my crash and today I’ve had really sensitive eyes I’ve had to lie in a dark room and I’ve had multiple panic attacks because my eyes have just felt like they got a lot of adrenaline in them. I felt really dizzy and...
  14. Jemima37

Thank you. That is my worry I keep panicking in case my sodium or potassium are low. But I’ve been making sure I eat bananas twice a day, and even though I’m only grazing on plain foods like a jacket potato or some oven chips I put plenty plenty of salt on them. So hopefully that’s helping. I’m...
  15. Jemima37

Coming off the contraceptive pill, anxiety :(

Thank you. I’m not currently worried about the menopause, the menopause isn’t really something I’m thinking about at the moment. I came off the pill in August so I’m just having normal cycles nowadays I’m trying to get used to it again. Thank you 😊
  16. Jemima37

Thank you. Im not having hot flushes or anything like that. So I’m not worried about menopause or pre menopause right now, I know I’ve got it all to come. I’ve had 3 periods since coming off the pill so I’m just seeing how it goes, so far I’ve coped fairly well. Some anxiety but I’m trying to...
  17. Jemima37

Hi I’ve not posted on the board for awhile. My crashes got a lot better over the last 18 months. I have the odd crash day but nothing too serious. I still have my baseline fatigue every day which is not great but the crashes were quite rare. Last month about 5 days before my period I started...
  18. Jemima37

I hope this is ok to post. I couldn’t see a female forum on here. I started with heavy periods about 9 years ago. I had to have tests etc but they found nothing wrong. At the time I was about 31/32. I had 3 children. They’d always been heavy but suddenly were a lot worse and more painful. I had...
  19. Jemima37

Feeling anxious (female related)

Thank you. Sending you a hug back too 💖
  20. Jemima37

Thank you so much. Im doing ok, well I’ve had a bit of a relapse since lockdown. Just general stress it’s all caused with husband working from home, 3 teens, pets... all been a bit much. So I’ve had my CFS quite intense again every day and that’s raised my anxiety, as has the stress. What a...
  21. Jemima37

Thank you so much 😊 I’m sorry I’ve only just seen your reply.
  22. Jemima37

Crashed. Stress, screen time and pushing myself.

I started in a crash last Tuesday. Very dizzy and weak first 3 days then the dizziness eased and now I just feel so drained, like I’ve zero energy. When I’m upright it’s an overwhelming feeling I need to lie down again quick I feel so woozy and just drained head to toe. I’m not sure what caused...
  23. Jemima37

Red blotchy warm feet

Thank you. I don't get any pain, sometimes some mild stabbing but that’s rare. It’s just heat and red blotchy rash across the toes and just below the toes on the top of the foot. It’s worse on walking then goes away when I elevate the feet again on my bed. It’s walking about that makes it worse...
  24. Jemima37

Red blotchy warm feet

I actually suggested this to my GP as reading up I matched it. A lady I spoke to said her dad has it and my symptoms sounded similar. I was worried sick incase it’s neuropathy but my GP said as I’ve no tingling or numbness in my feet, especially after 2 years then it’s unlikely that. I’m hoping...
  25. Jemima37

Red blotchy warm feet

Does anyone else get this with CFS? POTS? For 2 years now I’ve had this. It started during a very bad time in my life. I was having 12 hour panic attacks daily for 9 months. One evening my feet flared hot as I walked about, they went all red and blotchy over the toes and top of the door. I...
  26. Jemima37

Little lump under my armpit

I will, definitely going to stop touching it and just check once a week and if any changes I will have to call my GP for a chat. Thank you.
  27. Jemima37

Little lump under my armpit

That’s what I need to do. My husband keeps telling me off for touching it as he said that won’t help it go away. I need to leave it and just check it weekly. I’m aggravating it I’m sure.