• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

OAT, PLEASE INTERPET

I completely agree, Jimbo. I've been helped immensely with diet and customizing my own therapies by supporting my genetics. Doctors didn't have the time, so it took a lot of creative thinking. Have you heard of SelfDecode? It's an extremely thorough genetics analyzer. You just take your...
  2. L

Reduced diversity and altered composition of the gut microbiome in individuals with ME/CFS

Have any of you had noticeable success with taking butyrate to help correct autoimmunity, fix "leaky gut," and prevent bad bacteria in the gut? Have you tried Hi-Maize (resistant starch) for this as well? Or did this increase your brain fog due to increased carbs.. It seems people have...
  3. L

Naviaux et. al.: Metabolic features of chronic fatigue syndrome

These mutations show that the latent ability to enter into a hypometabolic state during times of environmental threat is adaptive, even though it comes at the cost of decreasing the optimal functional capacity. Similar to dauer, CFS appears to represent a hypometabolic survival state that is...