• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. tango

Microcurrent stimulation for Vagus nerve healing (vs TENS)

The tens machine is a VNS device and it didn’t help but we are all different next month I will try the micro current device and see how I go
  2. tango

I ordered the InTENSity Micro Combo TENS & Microcurrent Combination Unit but international shipping problems have held it up I want to use it on the ears. What is the advantage of stimulating the neck?? My question is why you need double ear clips rather than a single ear clip as I don't want...
  3. tango

Elemental diet for SIBO

Does anyone know if any of the meal replacement powders available on iHerb are suitable for the elemental diet? I read the descriptions of several of them are none seem to be quite right. International postage to get the products Dr R sells is expensive and a very long wait.
  4. tango

Iceman Wim Hof Breathing Method

There is a Facebook group devoted to this topic and there are some people in that group who have made progress using this breathing method. I have not mastered it yet. I find the breathing technique exhausting. It’s very similar to bellows breathing and I find it makes me yawn and want to go to...
  5. tango

Elemental diet for SIBO

I wondered about the Elemental Diet but the international shipping makes it super expensive. Not to mention I don't know how many days I would last on liquid only Good luck! Let us know if it helps
  6. tango

Thanks @Hip :) It looks like it would be worth giving the microcurrent stimulation a go. I wanted to try the Nemechek device but it's very expensive and the settings are limited to 5 minutes at a time and it's also reliant on compatible ios. When ios versions upgrade the software on the Nemechek...
  7. tango

Has anyone used a microcurrent stimulation device for vagus nerve therapy??? I have a TENS machine and ear clips and haven't seen results yet but maybe I am not using it with the right settings or need to give it more time. I am keen on tVNS but haven't had any improvement I belong to a...
  8. tango

has anyone tried Dr Nemechek Vagus Nerve?

Nemechek is now saying that you only need 5 minutes a day using his VNS device and is recommending it more widely (not just for over 35 yo). My only reservations about his methods (other than the exorbitant price for the clips and access to the program on iPhone) is that he says you can do this...
  9. tango

Anyone tried Limbic Retraining: Dynamic Neural Retraining System?

Congratulations on your improvements! I couldn't do DNRS as so much of it involved visualization which I struggle with but I have done other types of brain retraining so this is encouraging Are you doing any breathing techniques as part of the program?
  10. tango

I've seen people use it for mold retraining Also check out this story https://www.lymedisease.org/brittany-harrison/ Brittany's YouTube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1BXTueNgEPqwMKx8Hc0LGw/featured I think she has healed and gone on with life now
  11. tango

Chronic Microglial Activation in ME/CFS, And Its Possible Treatment Using Microglial Inhibitors

Donna Jackson Nakazawa also mentions Ketamine in the book as a possible remedy but I am not brave enough to try that!
  12. tango

Chronic Microglial Activation in ME/CFS, And Its Possible Treatment Using Microglial Inhibitors

Donna Jackson Nakazawa: "The Angel and the Assassin" is a good read on microglial activation. She suggests fasting, neurofeedback, transcranial magnetic stimulation, gamma flickering light and fasting as remedies.
  13. tango

Are there any natural antidiuretic supplements?

I bought some dried goji berries without preservaitves today. Delicious! I am going to enjoy trying them. Thanks for the suggestion! I had no luck sourcing Tu Si Zi and New Zealand customs tend to be vigilant but it depends on the Customs declaration form. Sometimes you get lucky...
  14. tango

Thanks, I have some of the medicinal mushrooms but have been too scared to try them, I must pull them out of the box and have a go. I haven't tried Chaste Tree either, I might start with the goji berries mentioned above and then move on to the mushrooms! One thing at a time - just in case
  15. tango

Thanks! I haven't sourced any berries locally here in New Zealand so I am trying combinations of herbs which aren't very strong but I am getting some minor benefits :)
  16. tango

Bartter/Gitelman syndrome

I got this from a group I belong to. They seem reputable and they answered my email enquiry promptly. "fyi, Dante Labs Offers €169 ($199 USD) Whole Genome Sequencing on "Black Friday & Cyber Monday." https://us.dantelabs.com/ I already had my genome completed by Dante, primarily for research...
  17. tango

Bartter/Gitelman syndrome

Thanks that looks interesting although the turn around time is slow. 10 weeks! I sometimes wonder if looking at genetics is going down a rabbit hole but I have had some useful information from 23andme that has helped point me in the right direction.
  18. tango

Thanks, I will see if I can source the berries. I am not sure if we have them here but I will see what is available. I love goji berries for energy. I don't know if they help with frequent urination??? Thanks for the extract. It makes sense that they need alcohol extract for the active...
  19. tango

Wow, that's interesting. I have never heard of this herb. I guess the effects are different on men and women but it's worth a try. I do tend to lower cortisol and aldosterone but if it helps tonify and treat frequent urination (in women???) it would be a huge help. It seems to be a...
  20. tango

Yes, thanks I have lots of salt. I have been experimenting with overnight fasting for autophagy. I may go back to the toast at night today and see if it helps. I know there was that potatoes not prozac book that said a potato at night provides carbs to help sleep. Good suggestion!
  21. tango

Thanks, the cause of mine is a combination of low aldosterone (but florinef made me feel "off") and progesterone/estrogen imbalance. However, you can't take estrogen unopposed and when I take progesterone to be in optimal ranges I pee all night. I would stick with being estrogen dominant but it...
  22. tango

i use licorice extract which has a minor effect but I am looking for other options to stop frequent urination at night and to help with blood volume I tried yohimbe but it was overstimulating. Any other suggestions?
  23. tango

Anyone have a copy of Gupta or DNRS they'ed like to sell?

Thanks, I will check that out but so far I really love the eBook "A Rational Approach to ME/CFS Recovery" by Loz Evans. It's helping me a lot and dovetails into all the other things I have been learning.
  24. tango

Anyone have a copy of Gupta or DNRS they'ed like to sell?

I have the "A Rational Approach to ME/CFS Recovery" book and I like it but it seems the author is no longer responding to emails. Does anyone have the ‘Reclaim Yourself’ mp3 that accompanies the book? I would love to access the mp3. Can anyone share it? Thanks!
  25. tango

This book looks very interesting. I went to the website and it is being updated and only the first few chapters are available. Does anyone have the complete eBook that they would be happy to flick me? Thanks!
  26. tango

Is anyone here using MitoSynergy copper?

I read the patent application. And yes I made a typo, I meant to say to use copper + niacel/niagen to get the same effect and had the ribose in my head. In any case it is vitamin C and niacin bonded to copper. Basically cuprous chloride plus ascorbic acid = copper ascorbate and toss in some...
  27. tango

PS ai tried the colloidal copper and it seemed helpful for me but in the end I went back to copper sebacate and high copper foods and that works just fine for me. Cacao, nuts, soy and avocado
  28. tango

I’m seeing an equal split of people who like it and people who struggle with it. Hmmm thinking about it... a lot more people struggle than do well with it and there have been lots of issues with the product oxidising. Or Facebook groups try all the ones with biochemical or biomedical in the...
  29. tango

Quicksilver scientific Intestinal metal detox (IMD)

Did you ever find a DIY alternative? IMD is expensive and when you add in international shipping the cost of prohibitive without good evidence it works
  30. tango

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

The natural folks will tell you that bioidentical hormones aren't associated with a cancer risk. My doctor told me that the latest research is that the risk of estrogen related cancer from HRT is now thought to be overstated and that it's much safer than previously thought. I'm guessing that...