• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Kathevans

Pantothenic acid (B5) without any form of calcium

Source Naturals Pantethine (Not their Pantothenic Acid) contains 300mg of Pantethine Only! Wellk, with some additives...!
  2. Kathevans

Views on B12--Greg (B12 oils) view vs Rich Van's view--Thoughts?

I cannot say, I’m afraid, as only your results can reveal this. In the RnB Protocol, Greg uses Iodide to reduce TSH, Selenite to convert T4 to T3 and Molybdate to convert the T3 to either FAD or FMN (I forget which!). But both are the active forms of B2, the basis for healing on the protocol...
  3. Kathevans

Transdermal B12 oils

It has certainly been a diminished life, but it took a downturn around 2014 when I arrived here. This site guided me greatly, as has Greg's over the past couple of years as I've zeroed in on issues. It's been a long and winding road (!), but I do feel I am making progress. My sleep, which has...
  4. Kathevans

Transdermal B12 oils

Thank you for this long and comprehensive post. Your profile is very like many of us who have found our way to Greg and his oils. His hard work in trying to find out sources of the Iodine/Selenium/Molybdenum that actually work has led him to develop the companion mineral oils that go with his...
  5. Kathevans

Transdermal B12 oils

Well, I don't know what to say about this! I assume the oils would still have been good; I've certainly kept containers in a drawer for long periods of time. But I am flummoxed by your lack of any response whatsoever. And the addition of 30mg of Methyl folate as well? What brand? I've...
  6. Kathevans

B-12 - The Hidden Story

If you don't want to go the injection route, try the B-12 Transdermal Oils. There's a thread here that goes into great detail about the oils. I highly recommend them and have been on them for about 5 years now. https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/transdermal-b12-oils.33172/ Good luck!
  7. Kathevans

Transdermal B12 oils

We are all different, as you certainly know by now! I have been taking the mineral supplements for almost three weeks and have been struggling to find any balance at all. I have suffered both insomnia from as little as 2 drops of iodine and 1 each of molybdenum and selenium; and heart...
  8. Kathevans

Transdermal B12 oils

I got the Moderna vaccine beginning in February and had a sore arm for several days after each time, but no more. Greg says the important thing is to have ample B-12 and Vitamin D and I do supplement both, so maybe that helped. My son who is highly allergic had it a couple of months later and...
  9. Kathevans

Boron, Molybdenum, SUOX and Sulfites. (The Boron Fix for Sulfites)

Well, I agree with this to some degree. He does look at your genetics and at either the OAT or NutrEval, and he works from those. But yes, he is basically your B2 (MAO), B-12 (MTR, MTRR) guy. Getting these right and helping your thyroid to work--which is essential to activating B2--can't help...
  10. Kathevans

Transdermal B12 oils

Gary, This information is very helpful, as I know you know. I've read of people on the ACC site finishing chelation, yet continuing to do one weekend/or round a month for some time, just to continue mopping up. Apparently mercury is a great hider. I continue to chelate, but am only at...
  11. Kathevans

Transdermal B12 oils

@motorhead This video is good….and yes iodine, as potassium iodide is at the basis of Greg Russell-Jones approach to getting activated B2, which assists the recycling of B12 and Folate going. I had another non-productive experience with Genestra’s Potassium Iodide because it is mixed with Kelp...
  12. Kathevans

Active B12 Protocol Basics

@Athene* I started using Adenosyl B-12 as a sublingual with Seeking Health’s tablet…a nibble, of course. I always thought it was a good product, though I use the transdermal oil now. This is a link to the US site, which I hope you can use...
  13. Kathevans

Very noticeable improvements in brain fog using Dr Greg Russell-Jones's transdermal B12 oils (which provide a similar dose to B12 injections)

Indeed he is. If you send him your thyroid evaluation, your OAT orNutrEval or Hair Minerals Test, he will work with you individually to assess and guide. He’s a researcher and wants to figure it out and help...
  14. Kathevans

Can't sleep at all

@dannybex and @ahmo. I’ve been hanging out at the Understanding B12 Deficiency site on Facebook for a year or so, this after using the oils and coreresponding to Greg Russel-Jones, the company founder and developer of the oils, and I have met with some success. B-12 is rock bottom for me, and...
  15. Kathevans

3 yrs on - methylfolate and muscle wasting roadblock

The NutrEval and OAT tests, similar in the information they retrieve, are usually available through functional medicine doctors, or what you might term alternative doctors. If they order the test, and if you have good or reasonable insurance, they may well be covered. If not, they can be very...
  16. Kathevans

Transdermal B12 oils

55-60 Squirts.
  17. Kathevans

Transdermal B12 oils

I think the best buy is to purchase directly from Greg. He ships all over and gives a discount for 3 or more bottles. How much you should take depends on how you utilize B-12, does you body recycle it, for example. To understand this fully, you would need to become a member of "Understanding...
  18. Kathevans

Interestingly, once I began to titrate up on selenite, my body didn't care any more about the Boron. At this point, I could probably stop it and I would feel no effects. But it supposedly helps with osteoporosis and I could use some help in that area as I age. I have no idea why this is, why...
  19. Kathevans

Transdermal B12 oils

Here’s the thing: make sure you respond completely to all questions you are sent if you want to join the site. It is for those of us who struggle with health issues related to B-12 deficiency, which includes a broad swath of physical symptoms, and may be related to your genetics, to your diet...
  20. Kathevans

Transdermal B12 oils

I have no idea. If you've applied, I can only assume you'll soon get a response...Or try again...
  21. Kathevans

Transdermal B12 oils

The site is confusing, I remember as I was trying to join early on. It is archived for much of the week as the moderators have limited time to oversee all the members. The days it is open to comment and probably to introduction or messaging are Mon-Tues-Thurs-Fri. So try again! And good...
  22. Kathevans

Transdermal B12 oils

Did you try just going to Facebook and searching for Understanding B-12 Deficiency? I think it ought to come up then. Perhaps the link I posted was from a response that is no longer current, etc. I admit to not understanding these things...
  23. Kathevans

Transdermal B12 oils

https://www.facebook.com/groups/946944078825502
  24. Kathevans

Transdermal B12 oils

I used SelenATE for a couple of years and only a bit over a year ago realized it was NOT WORKING and switched to SelenITE - the Allergy Research/Nutricology liquid brand. I have never used Greg's minerals in drop form, so I cannot comment on them, though people on the B-12 Deficiency site have...
  25. Kathevans

Transdermal B12 oils

This is the Iodine (Iodide) I switched over to from the BodyBio Iodine, which I'd taken for years. I've experienced start-up symptoms, and now more shifts than I did with the BodyBio. https://supplementfirst.com/products/genestra-brands-liquid-iodine And this is the Selenium (Selenite) that...
  26. Kathevans

I see that I’ve chimed in before, but quite a while ago... Yet, with many similar symptoms, I have recently met with some success. For me, the symptoms have been low folate (despite taking 5-7mg/day of Fred’s favorite, Methyl Pro, very dry skin, muscle wasting to the point where my arms were...
  27. Kathevans

Yes, that and many other pages are intentionally hidden from the B-12 oils page because they are meant for people who are actually following the protocol, which Greg has developed. That said, so much of the information is on this thread, I think it’s something that you, or anyone interested...
  28. Kathevans

I am currently taking 300mcg of Riboflavin/day, and as I could find only 100mg caps, I divide them in half and take 50mg 6x/day. That seems to keep my urine bright yellow for now. I use theBodyBio molybdate drops and they don't have citric acid. There are certainly other products listed in...