• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. W

This may be a little out of the box, but .....

Hi Valentijn, It's nice to hear from you again. Yes, I've heard that the BHMT and AHCY snps are questionable ... but I'm grasping at any straw to find my way back to health. (whatever that was!) Lin
  2. W

Hi Lynn_M, Wow ... thank you again for all your help. {{{ big hugs }}} Those links are amazing ..... if only I could fully wrap my pickled brain around the Wikipedia entry! Yep, this little ... er, um .... journey has not been a trip to Disneyland. (more like a visit HellTown!) But, on...
  3. W

Hi Lynn_M, Thank you again for all your help. {{{ hugs }}} As we speak/write, 23&me is down, so I can't access my raw data. From my limited memory, I did have a TT, AA, and AG allele. (don't ask me where!) And once it's back up, I'll definitely check into OMIM. And yes, I have been...
  4. W

Hi Freddd, Thank you again .... and YIKES! Are you suggesting that since I started supplementing with Glutathione, that's what escalated (pooling?) my serum B12? (and not doing any ... expensive .... good?) When you say you go by symptoms .... do you mean actual physical symptoms? Ha, ya...
  5. W

Hi taniaaust1, Thank you so much for the reply. Believe it or not, my functional doc actually recommended Whey Protein to increase my glutathione levels, but sadly, it did not agree with me. And thank you for the info on Dr. Cheney ... but apparently he's changed his mind and going in a...
  6. W

Hi Freddd, thank you such for the reply. Gosh, I feel like I'm "talking" with a superstar! {{{hugs}}} (When I first joined Phoenix, everyone would always reference your posts) Yes, I am taking MeClb and p5p (along with TMG) in the Homoscystex Plus, along with supplementing with 'essential...
  7. W

Hi Lynn_M, thank you so much for the reply. Well ... please correct me if I'm wrong - sincerely - since I'm really trying to figure this out. It's been my understanding that BHMT and AHCY convert homocysteine to methionine. And the COMT and MAO A break down serotonin and dopamine ...
  8. W

Six years ago, I was basically poisoned ... well pickled, (Lumber Liquidators formaldehyde flooring) so my +/+ snps woke up and have been having a field day with me. To make a long story as short as possible, I'm +/+ for all the COMT's, MA0 A, all BHMT's, ACHY's, and GSTP1. From what I...
  9. W

snps related to lung health?

I'm curious if there are snps related to lung or breathing issues. If so, what would make them happy and healthy again? Long story short ..... I bought a little house a few years ago, and recently found out an air duct was completely off the vent. Apparently, I've been breathing dust...
  10. W

May I borrow your brains, please? (23andMe results)

Thank you @caledonia, Gosh, I sure hope phoenixrising pays you a huge salary, since your knowledge & support is priceless. {{{hugs}}} Since I don't know my SHMT status (not on the 23andMe report) and my ACAT is +/- (and apparently needs B12) would you suggest I start with the hydroxycobalamin...
  11. W

Thank you so much @Critterina for checking in on me! {{{hugs}}} To answer your lovely question ..... no, I just tried the Homocyseteine supplement alone. Dagnabit, I had hoped it would help ... but waaaaa. :( Would adding the Enzymatic Therapy brand of Methyl B12 help? (From my snps, I...
  12. W

@caledonia , thank you AGAIN! ....*giggle* .... I had to look up mitochondria, so I don't think that's my #1 focus right now! I tried to find Dr. Ben's Hydroxy B12, but they are out of stock. (just my luck, eh?) ;) So I will order Dr. Amy's HYDROXY B12 MEGA DROPS I'm thinking (with that...
  13. W

Hi again @caledonia and @Critterina, *an update*: Since two separate (mthfr suggested) doctors told me to try the supplement, I did..... for 5 days. As suspected, my symptoms worsened. :( (more brain fog, breathing trouble, and even more fatigued) Groan ..... I know I need to go low and...
  14. W

Hi @caledonia, and oh dear ...... :( Confused, who me? Does this mean that you'd suggest I address my BHMT, CBS, and AHCY levels first? If you have an idea of where I should begin, please let me know. I know to go slow or pay the consequences ....... but where to begin? Thank you! Wintering
  15. W

Hi Critterina, You are amazing - thank you, thank you, thank you. {{{hugs}}} So, you think I'd actually be able to "feel" a difference after being off eggs, onions, sup's, etc. for a few weeks? I admit, I'm relieved to learn the my CBS isn't that bad, but after reading the heartfixer...
  16. W

Thank you so much @Sea! And boy, I can surely relate! I guess bumping it up for the 3rd time was the charm. :)
  17. W

Hi @Critterina, thank you, thank you, thank you for the reply! (and thank you @AndyPandy) :) Thank you, and *giggles* .... I think all my watches are broken, so I'll gladly take a peak at yours! ;) Hmmmmm, great questions! Once I eliminated anything sulfur related, (about 2 weeks ago) I...
  18. W

Hi @Aileen, thank you so much for your reply. :) Since I'm reading everything I can get my hands on, I haven't had the chance to "play" with my livewello sandbox just yet, but I'm certain there must be a thyroid snp in there somewhere! (My Mother also has Hashimotos) The thyroid gland is...
  19. W

Hi AndyPandy, thank you so much for your reply! {{{hugs}}} I scrolled through the forum, but couldn't find a recent post from you. If I knew how to help, I'd definitely try! And Ha, now I need to learn (with my brain fog) how to tag? Yikes! Ahem, for my virgin attempt, does this work...
  20. W

Thank you Caledonia, I will reply to your document asap. {{{hugs}}}
  21. W

I honestly don't know what I've done wrong. But to be completely ignored is shameful. On the forums I host (bereavement) at least someone would acknowledge my existence, and let me know someone would reply soon. I wish you all peace and health ....
  22. W

Have I asked for your assistance incorrectly? If so, please forgive my defective DNA. (my long lost mensa IQ must be snickering) To try and make this short ... *fingers crossed* .... 4 years ago I had a very stressful time. Within weeks, my thyroid crashed, I developed a gluten intolerance...
  23. W

Hi all, I've been learning so much by reading all the threads. (thank you!) I am SO impressed by your knowledge. Hopefully, you will be able to share a little with me. :hug: I spent years trying to figure out my Hashimoto's, (hypothyroidism) but it appears as if I have deeper issues for...