• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Insaitable Hunger since starting methylation

I'm having this insatiable hunger issue now as well. I've been doing Mb12 and Mfolate for about 6 months and my appetite didn't change much. But since adding AdenoB12 and LCF, my hunger is ridiculous. I can eat a huge meal, and still be sitting there hungry. I wake up 3 times per night...
  2. G

How I manage extreme sensitivity/reaction to methyl cobalamin and methyl folate (lithium orotate)

Lithium Orotate has been critical to my ability to work on methylation. Lithium is involved in transport of both B12 and folate into the cells. I often see B12 and lithium mentioned together, but it's also crucial for folate activity. Before supplementation, I believe I was getting almost...
  3. G

Extreme reaction to methylfolate

Sorry to hear about your suffering. I am far from an expert, so I hope you get the help that you need with this thread. I see you are +/+ for MTHFR C677T so I believe according to Dr Ben Lynch your MTHFR enzyme is working at only 30% effectiveness. So you clearly need methylfolate. I guess...
  4. G

Relationship btw B2 & B12 - Folate/Riboflavin

I've been working on my methylation slowly for the past 6 months or so. I'm up to 750mcg mb12, 30mcg Adb12, 200mcg methylfolate, and 40mg LCF. Anyway, I'm responding to the above post because I have found those numbers from Freddd to be absolutely correct for my case. B1 in particular is a...
  5. G

High-Dose Selenium Significantly Improves My Fatigue and Brain Fog

I have been working hard to optimize my mineral intake recently, so I found this thread helpful. I've personally found 350mcg selenomethionine daily to be an optimum dose for me. I eat quite a few high selenium foods (mostly meat/fish/asparagus/eggs), so my total daily intake I estimate to be...
  6. G

Is there BH4 supplement/medicine?

So, we are coming up on 2 years since the date when BH4 apparently lost orphan drug status. It seems this should mean that it is now classified as a supplement. Yet there is still no sign of it from any supplement manufacturers, and the Pteridin-4 that we did have previously is still gone from...
  7. G

One Uncertainty About the CBS Protocol Before Commencing...

I just wanted to follow up. If you find your digestion going downhill after switching from betaine hcl to bitters, it's possible you may need some betaine hcl with your higher protein meals (>15g protein). Very little acid is needed for low protein meals, and too much hcl can actually be...
  8. G

Flora brand is the one I'm using as well :) Alcohol free was a prime selling point for me too. Great minds and all that, eh!
  9. G

You're welcome Topghetto, glad to see you are still around to see the message, I hope it helps. I know for me personally, Betaine HCL was definitely ramping up my sulfur symptoms for awhile, before I knew what was wrong with me. I used the big capsules from Thorne, varying my dose according to...
  10. G

I know Im late to this post, but wanted to chime and say I believe Betaine HCL should be avoided while working on CBS. Betaine is in fact trimethylglycine, so that will contribute methyl groups that will get dumped down CBS and turned into sulfite, adding to your symptoms. Personally I have...