• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

The "Obama Promise" Fulfilled: Obama Requests NIH Elevate Priority of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

God Bless President Obama! ❤OBAMA❤ 4 MORE YEARS!!! :-)
  2. L

Article: Christmas Shopping For Phoenix Rising

Please fix the link, Cort. We all want to support you and your forum.
  3. L

Article: The Obama Promise on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Awesome. Proud to be an American!
  4. L

NIH CFS Steering Committee Wants Your Input!

Biomarker first. However without a biomarker, the CCC is the most accurate and must be used to correctly diagnose ME/CFS.
  5. L

"Gene Pool," on CFS Central

Thank you mindy! KDM = Belgian Hero
  6. L

Article: 2011: A Look at the Year Ahead For ME/CFS

Wow! thank you for the update Cort! Things are looking so dam good in 2011! I can see my comeback already! :victory:
  7. L

Retracted autism study an 'elaborate fraud,' British journal finds

Woo, calm down and take a chill pill girl! No need to get all worked up in here. If you want to have a healthy debate and to prove your point, you need to back that up with facts. Instead you're now resorting to name calling, going completely off-topic and talking total gibberish which...
  8. L

Forbes: "Big Study Linking Chronic Fatigue To Virus May Be Fatally Flawed"

Anderson is only reporting the facts and this has nothing to do with ME/CFS. stop using our community to support your false beliefs with wakefield. he is a fraud just like the weasel. As far as this forbes blog, who cares? is forbes an authority of health related issues? go post and educate the...
  9. L

You are confusing yourself. you are coming to conclusions by piecing unrelated issues to fit your own personal views and biases to two unrelated diseases. Here it the big picture. Respect science by not holding a double standard. The worldwide scientific community(not just the brits or...
  10. L

So wakefield is right and the rest of the world is wrong? Like how the weasel is right and the rest of the world is wrong? Wake up hun! wakefield = weasel
  11. L

Problems walking down the stairs but not up the stairs - Anyone else?

yes, this explains the difference between the difficulty of going downstairs vs upstairs nicely. But, why does this only occur during the first few hours when i get out of bed? the rest of the day and night, i don't need any support for walking the stairs. It's not like i've physically fatigued...
  12. L

Wessely awarded research medal from Royal College of Physicians

This award was given to him by all ME/CFS patients from around the world called "Hope you die!" At least you tried. You see their government controlled media and censorship is hard at work. China has 30K government workers censoring the internet 24/7.
  13. L

Aspartame exposed - GM Bacteria used to create deadly sweetener

All synthetic sweeteners are poison. many have moved on from aspartame to splenda. understand that splenda is just as poisonous. use natural sweeteners like stevia, honey, molasses, etc. Even white sugar is better for you then artificial sweeteners.
  14. L

Article: Researchers on the Retrovirology Papers and XMRV: The Racaniello Twiv Podcast

i don't believe alan rein at all. he painted himself into a corner now. everything he believes and says about xmrv is completely against Singh, Mikovitz, Klein, Silverman, Lo and alter. He's either 100% right or 100% wrong. something tells me, he ain't right!
  15. L

Dr Myhill wins back her licence to practise

that's great news! But after this whole witch hunt, will she be able to practice treating ME patients like before or will she be cornered to treat them according to NICE guidelines of CBT and GET? Is the fight for justice really over?
  16. L

Sleep apnea should not be exclusion criteria for ME/CFS

USA #1 Always and Forever! Live with it!:Sign Peace:
  17. L

XMRV and MS - articles or research references

Holy moly 12 years! i feel for you. let me ask you, does it get easier to accept this disease as time goes by? If i knew that after 3 years of disabling CFS that i would be living with it for at least 12 years with no guarantee of being cured beyond that, i'd rather not live this torturous life...
  18. L

A neurologist named Dr James Lin from monterey park, ca. i know nothing about him but he was highly recommended to me by my kind hearted PCP(who initially referred me to dr chia, but i declined later to see) and separately recommended by my mom's endocrinologist(who refuses to see CFS patients...
  19. L

Good News From The NIH..Patient Advocate for NIH State of Knowledge Workshop

i also agree and have believed that these are totally different and unrelated diseases, but didn't want to get bashed here for having this opinion. it's good to see others see the light and are brave enough to speak out.
  20. L

I don't disagree that certain vaccines have hurt people such as the HPV vaccine-gardisil and people should be compensated. This have been proven by scientific rigor and worldwide concensus. While the MMR vaccines or any vaccine can produce side effects in some individuals, it has not been proven...
  21. L

From what i've read, some PWC have small white plaques that are transitory(temporary) and in small numbers while the lesions in MS are much larger, permanent and widespread in the brain and spinal cord. All neurologists should be competent at interpreting MS from a MRI, but they may be confused...
  22. L

Natural Ways to Boost Energy -- and Feel 10 Years Younger by Woodson C. Merrell, MD

This is a good post. I would just like to add that in general eating whole foods and using whole foods vitamins/supplements are better than single ingredient extracts or synthetic vitamins. for example instead of taking probiotic supplements, eat fermented foods with live probiotics-saurkraut...
  23. L

I don't know if wakefield's original study was a fraud or that he was initially and knowingly pulling off a medical scam. He may have started out with a good theory and good intentions. But i do know he has been proven wrong by scientists around the world over the years. No one and no study...
  24. L

Good News From The NIH..Patient Advocate for NIH State of Knowledge Workshop

More good stuff coming from Dr Mangan and the NIH. They are taking ME/CFS seriously. no joke!
  25. L

Wessely awarded research medal from Royal College of Physicians

Oh no, the house of lords too?
  26. L

so you take BITS of what i said and try to infer something from it again? i'm confused, what is it that you're trying to infer? And are you stalking me? LOL!
  27. L

that's not what i said nor claiming. i was only disagreeing with dolphin who thinks the new CFS-CDC will put out GET and CBT as treatments for CFS. I completely disagreed and gave my short explanation as to why-that the last psycho incompetent American doc was fired and out of the CFS-CDC...