• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

NutrEval results in - what next?

ok, so I'm going back to the gut and lighten up on the methylation efforts. I had been hoping tests would show a clean digestive system, given all the work done, but probably it would have been much worse had I run this a year ago. I'm wondering if most of my symptoms are in fact gut related...
  2. L

NutrEval results in - what next?

Just got back NutrEval results, after a year of TCM treating stomach ulcer and extreme fatigue, 6 months of layering in Dr Rich's SMP, and 10 years of GFCF super clean diet. Sometimes GAPS style, sometimes Paleo ish. Also have been following Dr Amy's advice per an HMT for a couple months. But I...
  3. L

CBS a360 - reason to stop MTHFR supplements ?

I'm having a hard time increasing hydroxy b12 dosage. Help! I'm "only" heterozygous CBSA360A, but sulfate strips were over 1000 a few months ago. I've AHCY+-, too, but that didn't seem to mitigate CBS here. So after a couple months of limiting thiol/sulfur foods, sulfate strips are down to...
  4. L

Is it adrenal fatigue?

Ah, good info. I've a call into my dr's office, but there is a learning curve with methylation there, so I was trying to see how this would fit into that piece. Thanks for your help.
  5. L

Is it adrenal fatigue?

I just got back my adrenal saliva test -- way way low, all through the day, both DHEA & cortisol (altho the ratio is fine). I happen to have a bottle of Thorne's DHEA-5 on hand. Does anyone know if it's ok to start that while I'm slowly ramping up RvK's methylation protocol? Some immediate...
  6. L

folic, folates

Huh. Ok. So I'm thinking of starting him on a bit of hydroxoB12 and calcium folinate, and seeing what happens. I'm tempted to do the folinate first, since that's closer to what the dr picked up from his readings. Then add B12 the following week or two, depending. The dr also wanted him to...
  7. L

folic, folates

Hi all, My first post here. Feeling a bit nervous. :) Here goes . . . I've been reading all I can on this for months and am starting very slowly the RvK protocol on myself. Wanted to figure it out on me & my symptoms/ramp up before helping my eldest child. BUT now his...