• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

23andme results help needed :)

Thanks again for your reply.. could you point towards studies regarding the above.. I would love to read about it .. cheers.
  2. C

How do you know? http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/83301 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3924247/
  3. C

COMT and MAO Homozygous is irrelevant? now I am confused.
  4. C

Hello, I have received results for my sons 23.me. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the results? He has been quite challenging since he was 2 years old. Very intelligent boy but sometimes he is just very difficult to manage. I have used Yasko site to interpret 23me raw data. Would...
  5. C

OAT - Organic Acid Testing - is it useful?

This is great... thank you all.. I was looking at the OAT test recently.. As for 23/me, why do you think it is not helpful? I had Yasko test done a few years ago and this has helped me so much! ie I now know to be careful with ammonia! as I have a terrible time with it (I had no idea...
  6. C

Was hoping for some help with Yasko Results.

Hi, just wondering if I could get some help with my husbands results. I am feeling a little lost as I have read through posts that say Yasko is unreliable. cheers. SHMT / C1420T +/- MTHFR / A1298C +/- MTHFR / 3 +/- MTRR / H595Y +/- MTRR / K350A +/- MTRR / 11 +/- BHMT / 1 -/- BHMT / 2 +/+...
  7. C

Yasko Results

ANYONE?
  8. C

Yasko Results

Hi, I have just received my hubby's results.. I was wondering if there was anyone who could help? I have had excellent advice before, would love some feedback. cheers. SHMT / C1420T +/- MTHFR / A1298C +/- MTHFR / 3 +/- MTRR / H595Y +/- MTRR / K350A +/- MTRR / 11 +/- BHMT / 1 -/- BHMT / 2...
  9. C

BeCalm spray

Thank you for that. I will look up gabapentin..
  10. C

BeCalm spray

Hello, Has anyone tried the Yasko BeCalm spray? I tried it two nights ago.. first night was interesting, I was tired within a hour.. I slept well initially then woke up a couple of times with heart beat slightly fast.. however went back to sleep easily (this is unusual for me). Second night, I...
  11. C

Hydroxy B12 and feeling foggy.

Thanks... more research haha..
  12. C

thanks so much. Can you recommend a methyl b?
  13. C

Thanks... I have tried methylfolate but crashed terribly.. I tried taking tiny doses but just couldnt tolerate. I will try the methyl b12 and see how I go... and thanks a lot for your reply.. :)
  14. C

My Genetic profile. Gene Name Variation Result Call COMT H62H +/- Hetero VDR Taq Tt Hetero MAO A R297R +/- Hetero MTHFR C677T +/- Hetero MTRR R415T +/- Hetero MTRR S257T +/- Hetero BHMT 1 +/- Hetero BHMT 2 +/- Hetero BHMT 4 +/- Hetero BHMT 8 +/- Hetero CBS C699T +/- Hetero
  15. C

Hi Peter. I am taking half a lozenge 1000mcg.
  16. C

Hi.. I have been taking Hydroxy B12 for a few days and I am feeling foggy and extremely tired. I know I am slow in methylation would this be the cause? cheers.
  17. C

Help with Yasko results?

Cheers I will to... I will say the Lithium is really good for me so far.. Feel much more calm and sleep better... so I guess thats something for starters.. C r
  18. C

Help with Yasko results?

Yes, I hear what your saying.. I am the same.. as you can see I have 13 but no homo. I was left with, what now? I tried to go through a doctor for a consult but cannot find anyone.. I am just starting with Lithium Orotate now until I can find someone.. I made the mistake of taking hydroxy b...
  19. C

Help with Yasko results?

Why were you disappointed? if you dont mind me asking....
  20. C

Help with Yasko results?

Thanks again... ugh.. that is disappointing...Re your summary (which I appreciate btw at least someone has tried to help me more than Yasko's list of supps which is ridiculous.. .. I have tried vit d, methyl folate and hydrox B ALL make me feel like death... oh and a small amount of lithium...
  21. C

Help with Yasko results?

Thank you so much for your reply. :) It is interesting re the B6, as Yasko suggested I limit B6? this is where I get confused sometimes... Your right re the methylB12, I am unable to tolerate it also with methyl folate.. feel awful.. I can take a small amount of hydroxb12 but only tiny amounts...
  22. C

Help with Yasko results?

Hello, I am very new here.. just wondering if anyone can help me with my Yasko results. I am starting to understand a little but not quite sure where to start. I have attached my results. Gene Name Variation Result Call COMT V158M +/- Hetero COMT H62H +/- Hetero COMT 61 -/- G VDR Taq Tt...