• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. O

treatment for NOS+/+: am I doing too much or little?

Thanks @ahmo :) I'll reply in a bit! Before I do, just this question: Excuse my ignorance (eeehhh lol) but I've not heard of all b's being sulfurous - only b6??
  2. O

Oxidative Stress lowering protocols? (Dr. Ben Lynch)

@maryb Depends who you got the test from. If you went through Amy yasko, it's all there clearly marked out. However, if you went through 23andme or anyone else, I think you may have to go to Genetic Genie to find an interpretation. Hopefully other forum members can chime in and help. Sorry I...
  3. O

@PDXhausted for me, the CBS+/- and NOS+/+. In short, these result in dysfunction of the urea cycle and impaired detoxification, respectively. According to Amy Yasko, anything sulforous isn't converted into sulphate and excreted via the urea cycle, but is turned into toxic ammonia which builds up...
  4. O

@Martial thanks for the reply. With my SNPs, ALA is a no-no for me, as is chlorella. I'll go back on the resveratrol though.
  5. O

cut/scratch-like sores, blister like-sores, pin-prick spots, body odor

Hi everyone, Over the last several hours I've started developing dozens of sores all over my upper body. Some look like cuts and others scratches. They range from 0.5cm to 5cm. Over the last week I've come up in about 15 very small, sores on my hands, palms, arms and soles of feet; they're pink...
  6. O

Sorry to hijack this thread, but is there a way to lower oxdative stress without mushrooms? I.e. what can you do if you have candida (as many here do, including myself) and high oxidative stress? Since two months ago I've been taking high doses of vitamin C (1000-5000% RDA), and since last...
  7. O

HMB (hydroxy methylbutyrate) anyone?

Something I read here http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/supplementing-amino-acids.23595/#post-416108 Does anyone take, or has anyone tried, HMB for their liver? I'd be very interested to hear your anecdotes :)
  8. O

The sulfate/sulfite one. I generally find anything beyond 1 page, and with long, detailed content, overwhelms me. Prior to getting sick and super anxious I used to be the exact opposite with, and would gravitate towards fine details and complex texts. I used to love medical texts and sciencey...
  9. O

@Violeta thanks for your continued help. This is crazily confusing for me right now :eek: and, currently being in a state of very high anxiety, I see a long thread, get several posts into it, find information that contra-indicates my other health issues (if it doesn't contra-indicate hypothyroid...
  10. O

@Violeta thanks for that :) Oh Lawdy...that's a huge thread, and skimming through it has raised more questions than answers (not blaming you personally, or anyone else for that matter). I now find myself in another quandary about the gut pathogens. I have systemic candida and perhaps h-pylori...
  11. O

white tongue+angular chelitis/cluster sores: meb12+metafolin or fish oil?

@Freddd ahh, perhaps that's it. Just to clarify, do you mean metafolin (such as the Solgar brand tablets, which is calcium-l-methylfolate) or 5-methylfolate (or are they more or less sinonimous)? Any ideas about the white tongue, though? I'm on an anti-candida protocol (2 tsp ACV prior to each...
  12. O

@Violeta could you link me? I'm not sure which thread you mean.
  13. O

@Freddd, yes, my bowels have become very loose (previously I was constipated and my stools were normally very hard) and today I've had several incidences of completely watery stools. I've definitely been more anxious. Over the past week I've also completely lost my appetite, too.
  14. O

Supplementing Amino Acids

All forms of B6? Yasko mentions to limit P5P, too, but as @ttt mentions, there is some contention over some of Yasko's ideas on CBS.
  15. O

chelating: magnetic clay, chitosan, selenium and more

Shameless bump. @Lou aww come on, don't ignore me. I know you were speaking by way of example, but I wasn't being that over-reactive. I was just saying I'll give it a miss for now, until I've managed to do further research. I'm not tryibng to undermine your own findings with it. I don't think...
  16. O

Part 2: re NOS (Part 3 later) @ahmo How much vitamin c and 5-methylfolate? I take anywhere between 1000-5000% RDA vitamin c, and have been taking Solgar Metafolin (which is l-methylfolate, and approx 8000%RDA) for five days. BH4 is also suggested, but I cannot get it shipped to where I live...
  17. O

Part 1 (will respond to the other message in a bit) I'm taking P5P (107% RDA) because I don't get any in my diet, although Yasko says to limit all forms of b6 if you have NOS. I tried TMG last year for about 3 months, before I started getting really sick. It made no difference, that I'm...
  18. O

Hi everyone, I began on meb12 (the Enzymatic Therapy Chewable B12 sublingual tablets touted so regularly here) a week ago (beginning on 1/4 tablet for three days, then 1/2 for 4 days, and today I'm up to 1) and Solgar Metafolin (l-methylfolate) 5 days ago. If it's of any importance, I had taken...
  19. O

@ahmo Thanks so much for your continued help :). I'm going to bed now, so will get back to you properly tomorrow. I'll just say now, though, that I started the candida protocol (ACV, coconut oil, lemon juice, removing virtually all sugars from my ydiet) a month ago, as well as began using mag...
  20. O

got my SNP results, would appreciate some advice

Hi @Sea Thanks for the reply :) I was supplementing hydroxyb12 (10,000% RDA) on and off for the last 8 months, but found that the only thing it would do was give me headaches. A month ago I then started using adenosylb12 (the HHI MegaDrops version, 1 drop daily), which apparently made no...
  21. O

treating SNPs in an incorrect order?

Hi @veronica_corningstone yes I sent Dr. Yasko my concerns. She recommended several things, some of which I am already taking, and others which seem to contra-indicate my SNPs, so... I'm hardly an expert, though. I'm just concerned, perhaps unduly. I'm sure her protocol works fantasically for...
  22. O

I've suspected the NOS mutation long before my results revealed I am +/+ for it. So, for the last three weeks (I think) I've been taking various aminos to support the NOS pathway, despite it being a lower priority mutation according to Yasko. My reason for doing this is that I have so many...
  23. O

treating SNPs in an incorrect order?

Hi @veronica_corningstone I'll be sending my hair sample for the HMT off on Monday. My lithium was undetectable (in the white) on the UEE. Cobalt wasn't tested. What do you do for potassium? I said I couldn't afford this (and I can't) but I've been taking 250ml coconut water daily for the...
  24. O

Methylation Protocol depletes Zinc?

I've been taking 200% RDA zinc picolinate and 100% RDA copper for several years, but never got tested to check my levels. Since beginning on Amy Yasko's protocol nearly 8 months ago, my urine tests indicate a zinc deficiency. I'm not sure if this is a true reflection, as I was only on Step 1 of...
  25. O

got my SNP results, would appreciate some advice

Hi everyone, Here are the results of my methylation panel test from Amy Yasko. Any advice on where to go from here would be much appreciated :) Homozygous: MTRR A66G NOS D298E VDR Taq MAO A R279R Heterozygous: MTRR 11 BHMT 8 CBS A360A VDR Fok I cannot believe I don't have any MTHFR or COMT...
  26. O

sinus and head pressure

@ahmo a blood test I had about 7 months ago now, when I was beginning the Yasko protocol, revealed slightly high levels of blood magnesium. I'm presuming this is because of the magnesium stearate in the supplements. The urine test I had recently, however, indicated a magnesium deficiency. I've...
  27. O

chelating: magnetic clay, chitosan, selenium and more

@Lou I see where you're coming from, and I wasn't dismissing your advice. If it seems I was calling you a liar, I wasn't. @Critterina I'm very worried about selenium toxicity, but I take it (perhaps foolishly) because of my hypothyroidism (which is the auto-immune form, Hashimoto's, and thus...
  28. O

glutathione, b12 and lithium

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'll get back to you in a bit :) @L'engle (hi fellow canuck :), from a displaced Torontonian in the UK), what are the symptoms of hyperkalemia for you? I'm confused, because I have symptoms that could be hyper or hypokalemia. I'm taking potassium (gluconate -...