• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

zinc switched the lights back on

ahmo

Hi ahmo. What is the FMN for of B2...? and which brand?

This is what I'm using. Just as in other activated B vitamins, this is significantly different from regular B2. There are a few comments/ links re FMN in my blog post.

I did not use ALA for my detox. Initially, I used higher levels of zinc, selenium, molybdenum to displace the toxic metals. I also used chlorella, coffeee enemas. I've written about using coffee enemas and footbaths w/ various additives in a couple blog posts, which will show up if you go to the link for FMN blog post above.

Gondwanaland

Now it makes sense why I felt so anxious and wired when I took the zinc... even at very low doses. Heavy metals may have been released along with all the excess copper--which always shows up in my hair analyses.
I suspect that if you feel worse on zinc, then high copper on hair test means copper wasting. Your copper metabolism must be out of balance. Do you have anemia? I believe vitamin B2 is the best to avoid copper waste, but you shouldn't take it without copper if you have been wasting it for a long time. If anemia is the case, B1 and B6 are also needed + cofactors (K, Mg).

Just a few weeks ago my dr put me on zinc, and 6 days later I had terrible fibromyalgia and it kept getting worse. on the 12th day I went for a blood test that showed anemia and excellent levels of iron, ferritin, B12 and folate. Then I started a multimineral including copper and got better in a few days.

I have learned the hard way to never take zinc without copper, and never take copper without zinc, because both can become toxic pretty quickly!

Last edited:

Tammy

hi all, I recently discovered after 20 years of chronic fatigue that zinc switched the lights back on and got rid of that horrible disconnected/ no juice feeling in my brain.
I was just reading how zinc has an impact on the central nervous system. The more I read up on zinc........the more I like it.

xena

@ahmo what is HPU?

I got seriouws with zinc when I found out by questionnaire that I qualified for HPU. At the same time I added P5P, molybdenum, manganese. My mental state improved dramatically. Dietrich Klinghardt in his vid re Autism, Pyroluria and Lyme talks about how toxic metals occupy zinc receptors. My initial measures to deal with these metals included using higher than normal zinc. I can't remember the amount, I believe about 200mg/day, 1/2 AM/PM. I used a number of other things as well, including chlorella, fulvic/humic, clay. I experienced incremental changes, including one day when the residual holding from a frozen shoulder disappeared.

Wayne

Hi @ahmo

I just tried accessing it and was able to do so. I did notice it was kind of funky going however. I tapped on the book a couple times, and it didn't do anything. When I clicked on it with my laptop button, it opened up in the center of the page. I then scrolled down to the tables of contents, and clicked on Chapter 9. That was a little clunky as well however.

I would put that chapter in the somewhat "fascinating" category--which doesn't happen too often for me. Not sure if there's a problem with your computer accessing, but I would encourage you to give it another try, and see if you could navigate around some of its idiosyncrasies. Good luck!

"Freedom from Lyme Disease: New Treatments for a Complete Recovery".

hi all, I recently discovered after 20 years of chronic fatigue that zinc switched the lights back on and got rid of that horrible disconnected/ no juice feeling in my brain.

When I add b vits, lithium, b12 on top of that..i seem to detox like crazy.... Is the zinc thing a clue I should pursue..does it mean KPU or metals....or should I just get on with things ...keep supplementing the zinc and everything else?

Also, it has helped enormously with mood. It evens me out.

Another clue is that I did anju usman's biofilm protocol and dumped a lot of copper.

I have chronic ebv and am very toxic. thank you.
@aquariusgirl This is my second day on PR and you are bringing up a subject that is up for me-- the KPU thing. I have no advice-- but the KPU test is pretty easy (just a urine test, can do it at home). I've done it a couple of times and my doc wants me to do it again. After the first time, I went on zinc 50 mg (or maybe 30, don't recall) and also P5P. Nothing happened. When I was retested my numbers were still too high, so he added some minerals. Then the numbers got even worse! So you can understand why I've been reluctant to take yet another test-- because it sounded like those supplements were the solution and they weren't working for me, so what was the point?. Reading this thread you started, I'm seeing that it's a lot more complicated. And I'm going to do the test (I have the kit already).

Hi @ahmo,

I've been reading Bryan Rosner's book, "Freedom from Lyme Disease: New Treatments for a Complete Recovery". In it he has a chapter entitled, "The KPU Protocol and Heavy Metal Detoxification". He describes in detail what happens when zinc binding sites that have taken over by heavy metals, and are subsequently knocked out of these sites by zinc supplementation.

I think you would find it a fascinating read, which you can do online by going to Amazon. Just click on the link above, which will take you to Amazon. Then click on the image of the book on the left side. Then go to Chapter nine. I'll be interested in your take on it if you give it a read.
@Wayne @
Hi @ahmo,

I've been reading Bryan Rosner's book, "Freedom from Lyme Disease: New Treatments for a Complete Recovery". In it he has a chapter entitled, "The KPU Protocol and Heavy Metal Detoxification". He describes in detail what happens when zinc binding sites that have taken over by heavy metals, and are subsequently knocked out of these sites by zinc supplementation.

I think you would find it a fascinating read, which you can do online by going to Amazon. Just click on the link above, which will take you to Amazon. Then click on the image of the book on the left side. Then go to Chapter nine. I'll be interested in your take on it if you give it a read.
@ Wayne and everyone
I went to the amazon page and was able to read (am still reading) the chapter (around p. 260 ff) on KPU and zinc supplementation and what I get out of this is how potentially dangerous it is to do this protocol. It will depend on how your body handles detox. Whether it can eliminate what gets dumped. Thanks for citing this book and link. Too bad the book is so pricey. ... I know that I've had a terrible time with any kind of detox--and if you live alone, like me, and don't have someone to take care of you while you embark on such a program, you might get into trouble, depending on how sick you are. He stresses, as I mentioned, that this protocol can be really dangerous.

jadam914

Foggy member
Hi @ahmo,

I just started talking zinc and have had a notable improvement. I was reading about KPU and found this

http://planetthrive.com/2010/04/hpukpu-protocol-for-lyme-and-autism/

Three quarters of the HPU "potential symptoms" discribe me. Great information, thank you very much.

Thinktank

I've started taking 15mg zinc but it gives me a very nauseating hungry feeling within 1 hour, i MUST eat something otherwise i'll throw up. Anyone else getting a very hungry feeling from zinc?? I have no idea why that happens.

Wayne

I've started taking 15mg zinc but it gives me a very nauseating hungry feeling within 1 hour, i MUST eat something otherwise i'll throw up. Anyone else getting a very hungry feeling from zinc?? I have no idea why that happens.

Zinc supplementation often knocks toxic heavy metals--especially mercury if I remember correctly--out of zinc receptor sites. If this happens to rapidly, the body can easily become overwhelmed with heavy metals streaming into the blood stream, to the point of it causing a variety of intense symptoms. You may want to consider backing off on your zinc amounts until you no longer get the kind of symptoms you describe. -- See Ahmo's post above where she mentions certain supplements which induce heavy metals replacement.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Wayne
are you able to post a little about the chapter on the KPU protocol, I can't read books so not possible for me to do so, not just being lazy.. no worries if not.

Christopher

I got seriouws with zinc when I found out by questionnaire that I qualified for HPU. At the same time I added P5P, molybdenum, manganese. My mental state improved dramatically. Dietrich Klinghardt in his vid re Autism, Pyroluria and Lyme talks about how toxic metals occupy zinc receptors. My initial measures to deal with these metals included using higher than normal zinc. I can't remember the amount, I believe about 200mg/day, 1/2 AM/PM. I used a number of other things as well, including chlorella, fulvic/humic, clay. I experienced incremental changes, including one day when the residual holding from a frozen shoulder disappeared.

After about a year I had a major, MAJOR elimination. Immediately after, my body wanted a huge quantity of zinc. I do all my dosing by self-testing. I had a whole handful of zinc capsules that I dumped into my footbath. Since that time it generally only wants 50mg zinc/day. When I'm detoxxing it might want 50-100mg more than that, but I've never had any response like that. It absolutely felt like I'd dumped toxins out of the zinc receptors, and replaced them with what should have been there.

Do you know what caused the elimination you refer to here?

Christopher

You MUST take zinc in the middle of a large-ish meal. Otherwise it will irritate your stomach.