• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Zeo machine and a bouncer

Nielk

I have had in the past week two seperate recommendations from practitioners to help me
with my condition.

1- Zeo machine, sold by Brookstone (I hope it's ok to mention the name of the store), is an aid
for people who have sleep problems.
By sleep problems, I mean the quality of your sleep.
The machine consists of three components. A band that you put around your forehead before you go to sleep. A small alarm clock size machine that's placed on your night table. Lastly you need a computer (any computer which you already probably have. (since you are reading this)

The way it works: The machine records all your brainwaves throughout the night. You than register your machine on line and can see exactly if you had deep quality sleep or not. For how long it lasted etc..

You might say, what's the difference, I already know that I don't sleep restoratively.
Yes, but do you know day to day the variations? Do you know how different medications or supplement or whatever else you do affects the quality of sleep?

By seeing direct results, you can change and fine tune what you do before you go to sleep, so that you can have optimal sleep.

I didn't buy this machine yet. It's not cheap ($200).
Before I buy it, i was wondering if anyone has experience with it?
Or, any feedback if you think this is a good idea.

2_ I was recommended to get a bouncer (small adult trampoline) and jump on it every day that I am able. Optimally for 20 minutes. It's supposed to be very beneficial to the lymphatic system and for circulation.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this. It was explained to me that it's not like doing exercise. It's very easy on the body. you don't have to jump high.

Thanks,
Nielk

IntuneJune

I have a small rebounder "bouncer" but have not noticed any difference in using it. I do "work out" in a pool almost every day which helps the lymphatic system, I have been doing this for 30 years. The rebounder was purchased because I read it helps the lymphatic system I did not find an appreciable difference. If I had not been in the pool for so long, it may be I would have noticed a difference.

In the past I was told I have global lymphedema and went for manual drainage which did decrease the swelling. It is very expensive though.

Had not heard about the zero machine. I have had sleep studies done with dx of sleep apnea and have a CPAP machine.

Let's hope more join this discussion.... interesting! June

paddygirl

Hi Neilk,

That does sound expensive, and I have a horror of filling my house with stuff i never use again. I heard recently that you can use an Iphone for the same purpose which surprised me. I imagine the results are not as sophisticated but a colleague at work tried it as did my daughter.

Its based on your movement during the night, my colleague, who has ME was waking up (moving) a crazy amount of times a night. My daughter saw that her disturbed sleep was around 5am, about the time her new kitten comes looking for food.

When I read about the bouncer, I started to feel a bit dizzy, I suppose that means I have OI or something, I don't think I could bear it. What is very cheap and excellent for the lymph system is dry skin brushing. You basically use a good skin brush and stroke on the skin towards the heart, then have a cool shower if you can bear it. I imagine hydrotherapy also would help. My favorite is a large hot tub in a gym near me. It's outdoors but protected from the weather so you never get too hot. The power jets can massage tender areas, so you get to sweat and detox a little without it being too painful.

Ps, I have heard that the bouncers are good for bone density.

Paddy x x

Nielk

Hi Neil - there was a thread on the Zeo machine a while back. Here it is.

Thanks sasha.
I never saw that thread.
Reading it now, I see some comments but it seems that no one has actually tried it.
I'm wondering if since then, there are any personal experiences with it.

Nielk

Nielk

Hi Neilk,

That does sound expensive, and I have a horror of filling my house with stuff i never use again. I heard recently that you can use an Iphone for the same purpose which surprised me. I imagine the results are not as sophisticated but a colleague at work tried it as did my daughter.

Its based on your movement during the night, my colleague, who has ME was waking up (moving) a crazy amount of times a night. My daughter saw that her disturbed sleep was around 5am, about the time her new kitten comes looking for food.

When I read about the bouncer, I started to feel a bit dizzy, I suppose that means I have OI or something, I don't think I could bear it. What is very cheap and excellent for the lymph system is dry skin brushing. You basically use a good skin brush and stroke on the skin towards the heart, then have a cool shower if you can bear it. I imagine hydrotherapy also would help. My favorite is a large hot tub in a gym near me. It's outdoors but protected from the weather so you never get too hot. The power jets can massage tender areas, so you get to sweat and detox a little without it being too painful.

Ps, I have heard that the bouncers are good for bone density.

Paddy x x

Thanks paddy for the suggestions to help with the lymphatic system.
Now I understand why I love taking really hot baths!

Nielk