• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Zadaxin/Thymosin Alpha 1

froufox

Hi,

I just recently just heard about a drug called Zadaxin/thymosin alpha 1 and wondered if anyone here has tried it? Its mentioned on this website as a treatment for ME/CFS and thought it sounded very interesting! Its a peptide that was developed to mimic the actions of a peptide from the thymus and acts as an immunomodulator - its supposed to help shift the immune away from Th2 dominance and help the body fight intracellular infections. Up to now it has been used mainly for Hepatitis B & C but also HIV too and seems to be enhancing anti-viral therapies, apparently without any side-effects or toxicity concerns.

Its not yet been approved in the US but is on sale in several other countries and you can order it from the company's contact in Panama. Its not cheap works out to about $110/70 a week. I read a post on prohealth where someone mentions that Dr De Meirleir has had quite good success with some of his CFS patients but other than that I havent heard anything about it and couldnt find anything on here after doing a search. Heres some info from the company...

http://www.scicloneinternational.com/zadaxin.shtml

Anyway I'm very curious if anyone has tried it or knows of anyone else who has?

Thanx

froufox-I'm interested in finding out info about this, too. Someone posted on PH that her husband was going to start taking it but never posted about it again. The company who makes it is in Calif. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see how to get it. It's worth a tr!

froufox

Hi Fairlight,

Thanks for your post. Yes I saw that post on PH too and as you say there was no follow up post. Don't know whether there has been since I last checked. Did you manage to call the company? I contacted 2 pharmaceutical companies a few weeks ago - one in Hong Kong and the other one in India both of whom manufacture Thymosin. The one in India never got back to me after I emailed them twice and the HK one said that they couldnt export it to the UK as a pharmaceutical - they can only sell it as a "sample for research". I was hoping it might be possible to obtain it from somewhere like India as its a lot cheaper tho it is still pretty expensive so I am not sure I could afford it anyway and especially from the main company. Its a shame as like you I'd be very interested in trying it!! When I have time will look into it more and see what I can dig up and will post if I find out if there is any other way of obtaining it.

Zadaxin enhances the activity of the host immune system.It is the synthetic version of thymosin alpha 1, a substance found naturally in the circulation and produced in the body's thymus gland.The serum half-life was approximately 2 hours and there was no evidence of accumulation following multiple subcutaneous doses.

I've been thinking about Zadaxin over and over again. If it wouldnt be that expensive here (400$ a week!) I would take it. It has so many great effects.

ZADAXIN directly targets virally infected or cancer cells by:
Increasing the number of surface-marker proteins (MHC Class 1) that are responsible for identification and rejection of foreign agents, like viruses, from the body.
Slowing down the replication of viruses.
Decreasing oxidative stress, which dramatically decreases viral replication.

http://www.scicloneinternational.com/zadaxin/zad_overview.php

If anyone knows the exact price in his/her country pls let me know.

Zadaxin thymosin alpha 1 's price in China

Hi,the price of zadaxin in China is almost 250$,could you tell me the contact address of the indian manufacturer.Thank you

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
im interested to see how u respond to this. It seems to work similar to other drug type immune modulators like immunovir and cycloferon where they stimulate the body to produce more interferon which has antiviral properties and stimulates nk cells etc. i have been on cycloferon for a short while and am definately feeling alot better, it is alot cheaper then zadaxin but dont know if its as effective or not, so i will keep an eye on this thread.

cheers!!

Can you tell me more about cycloferon, how it performs in enhancing immunity?

Maybe someone else can say sth. about cycloferon since I don't know much about it. Can you say how expensive Zadaxin is in China?

jstefl

I was interested in Zadaxin a while back. I contacted a Mr. Greg Olson of Pharmaceutical Solutions by email, and he responded very promptly. Toll free phone # 1-888-322-2244, or email at colson@cableonda.net.

As I recall, Zadaxin is approved for sale in 33 countries. It is not yet approved in the US, but can be legally imported. I beleive that Mr. Olson is in Panama. The Zadaxin needs to stay refrigerated, so it has to be shipped overnight. I seem to remember that Pharmaceutical Solutions is in Panama, so shipping is quite expesive.

A year ago I was quoted the following: $ 205.00 per box of two vials. Also included is two vials of dilutant for injection prep. FEDEX shipping adds $ 150.00. An order of 12 boxes, the largest amount that can be brought into this country at one time, is $ 2,610.00. This would be a 3 month supply, so the monthly cost is $ 870.00 per month.

There are customs forms that Greg will send you to be filled out. You also need a perscription from a US doctor.

It is really a shame that this drug is manufactured in California, and yet has to be shipped to Panama first.

The cost is high enough that I would like to know it was going to work before I tried it.

John

You will need to inject this yourself, or find someone to do it for you.

Hi Fairlight,

Thanks for your post. Yes I saw that post on PH too and as you say there was no follow up post. Don't know whether there has been since I last checked. Did you manage to call the company? I contacted 2 pharmaceutical companies a few weeks ago - one in Hong Kong and the other one in India both of whom manufacture Thymosin. The one in India never got back to me after I emailed them twice and the HK one said that they couldnt export it to the UK as a pharmaceutical - they can only sell it as a "sample for research". I was hoping it might be possible to obtain it from somewhere like India as its a lot cheaper tho it is still pretty expensive so I am not sure I could afford it anyway and especially from the main company. Its a shame as like you I'd be very interested in trying it!! When I have time will look into it more and see what I can dig up and will post if I find out if there is any other way of obtaining it.
Zadaxin is available in India , you can contact me on my e-mail: kamlesh.shah@elderindia.com for the same.

I've been thinking about Zadaxin over and over again. If it wouldnt be that expensive here (400$ a week!) I would take it. It has so many great effects.

ZADAXIN directly targets virally infected or cancer cells by:
Increasing the number of surface-marker proteins (MHC Class 1) that are responsible for identification and rejection of foreign agents, like viruses, from the body.
Slowing down the replication of viruses.
Decreasing oxidative stress, which dramatically decreases viral replication.

http://www.scicloneinternational.com/zadaxin/zad_overview.php

If anyone knows the exact price in his/her country pls let me know.
Zadaxin Available in India ,u can contact me on kamlesh.shah@elderindia.com or mobile; 9820023952