• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV Update Webinar

julius

Watchoo lookin' at?
Can we do it with just an internet connection or do we need to have an additional VIOP service. Not really sure how that works.

Also, after signing up for the webinar, there is a confirmation page with instruction, but you get kicked off the instruction page after about 10 seconds (not enough time to read the instructions)

Kati

Patient in training
Yes Julius, you can use only the internet, it's probably one of the best webinar system existing, unless you have dial up internet. When it's time for the webinar (you will get a reminder from CAA via e-mail the day before) click on the link and you will get connected. Looking forward to the program. I am very pleased that Vincent has accepted the invitation.

Rrrr

thank you for posting this. i'm very eager to attend. vincent is great and so is bateman. vincent was, in the past, seemingly hesitant about xmrv, so maybe this is a good sign!

jspotila

Can we do it with just an internet connection or do we need to have an additional VIOP service. Not really sure how that works.

Also, after signing up for the webinar, there is a confirmation page with instruction, but you get kicked off the instruction page after about 10 seconds (not enough time to read the instructions)

You need an internet connection, but VOIP is not required. Your confirmation email has all the instructions, including a phone number to call in to the webinar. And all the webinars are recorded, so you can watch/listen at your convenience.

R

Robin

The CAA was kind of cold about XMRV initially (remember the "we'll be there to pick up the pieces" facebook post? :rolleyes:)

And now Vernon is writing about it, and there's this webinar. Unless there's new research between now and then, what could possibly fill an entire hour? Would it be a talk about a bunch of negative studies?

rebecca1995

Apple, anyone?
Perhaps Bateman's study with Singh will be published by then. I doubt Bateman would agree to participate unless she had something to talk about.

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
Bumping this as a reminder for those of us with one brain cell or less. (like me! Grins)

Just in case anyone is confused (I know I was) the webinar is July 15th, so in 1 months time exactly.

Frickly

I keep thinking "June" as well. I guess it is just wishful thinking. Anyway....I am registered and have it on my calendar.

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
That's what I mean about one brain cell! (grins) 'cause I kept reading June. AAAAKKKKKKK!

Don't worry George, for some reason I thought it was June too!

It's confusing because they don't normally advertise webinars so early. Anyway we will have to wait until July for this one.