• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV Protest London *Monday the 1st November*

VillageLife

XMRV Protest London *Monday the 1st of November, 12.30 until 2.30pm*

Im posting this here because I know some people only come onto this forum to read the XMRV threads.

----------------------------------------
November 1st 2010, 12.30 until 2.30pm
*Protest*
Department of Health
Outside Richmond House
79 Whitehall
London SW1

SEE THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION......

http://www.notsonice4me.co.uk/?forumid=331851

This is such a great idea and thankyou to everyone who has set this up.

If your like me and not well enough to attend, ask your family and friends to go!

Kate_UK

If your like me and not well enough to attend, ask your family and friends to go!

Those who are not well enough to attend are asked to send letters, emails, faxes in support of the demo, if they are able to.

If you cannot come on the day, volunteer to help. Send them a FAX or an EMAIL on the day. Send a POSTCARD or LETTER.

Address:
Department of Health
Richmond House
79 Whitehall
London SW1A 2NS

Fax: 020 7210 5952
The above is from http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/ContactUs/DH_066319 there is also a web contact form

NHS Blood and Transplant
Customer Services
Colindale Avenue
Colindale
London
NW9 5BG

There is also an e-mail contact form here https://secure.blood.co.uk/index.asp

free at last

I cant attend, but will be emailing on the day,who will be contacting the press ? is it a good idea for lots to inform the press of this action or has a person been chosen to do that already. do we know yet how many can get there ? apologies just read to contact the media ill be doing that too any email links to send to the papers does anyone know

ukxmrv

Hi Free at last and all,

The organiser says that a remote protest is being created for the day to support the demo. A short message and email/faxes etc will be supplied.

So great to see people supporting this protest. It takes a lot for PWME to leave their home and protest and they need help/support like this.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I have written a letter to both DOH and the NHS Blood Service, I will e-mail on the day when the message is posted with the relevant e-mail addresses. Good luck to all those able to attend. Feels good we are coming together for this.

Kate_UK

Are you coming from Chester or on the way?

Contact Susie as below

I am co-ordinating a free coach/minibus to arrive at Whitehall at 12 and leave at 3.30. We will be leaving Chester at 06.30/07.00 and can stop to pick people up at any motorway services (M6/ M1) along the way (might be able to go up M56 stopping at Lymm and Knutsford too). E-mail me (susiej1710@hotmail.com) with your mobile phone number and postcode if you can join us. Pass the message around please. Room for 49 people if it's a coach load, or 15 if it's a minibus.

from http://www.notsonice4me.co.uk/

free at last

Any idea where i get email links to contact the major papers ? do i just try and google them. i want to send them tonight so they get to read in the morning giving the papers enough time to possibly send reporters

VillageLife

pictureofhealth

XMRV - L'Agent du Jour
No lunchtime news coverage yet - checked ITV & BBC online. Will check in again tonight BBC & ITV. (There is also another thread running on this elsewhere - do we need to merge please?)