• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV+ Positive Survey Launch

julius

Watchoo lookin' at?
Thanks for all the positive feedback!

I am so happy that people are already doing (and done!!) the survey. I am just really looking forward to the results and seeing how many sausages we can get out of this thing.

Advocate

The bowels of the survey

There's a map in the bowels of the survey software that automatically adds a colored dot to the appropriate country whenever a survey taker has clicked on the country he lives in and has completed the survey. We tried to transfer that map to the header on the Home Page, but ran into difficulty.

I brazenly use the editorial "we." I know nothing about these things, but I do love maps, and I wanted to have a world map like the one on Judy Mikovits's slide, the one that showed where HTLV is found.

Anyway, now I see some faint green dots mysteriously appearing on the U.S. map in our survey header. Kim, are you putting them there manually? (Kim is always mucking about in the bowels.) :D

Advocate

K

_Kim_

There's a map in the bowels of the survey software that automatically adds a colored dot to the appropriate country whenever a survey taker has clicked on the country he lives in and has completed the survey. We tried to transfer that map to the header on the Home Page, but ran into difficulty.

I brazenly use the editorial "we." I know nothing about these things, but I do love maps, and I wanted to have a world map like the one on Judy Mikovits's slide, the one that showed where HTLV is found.

Anyway, now I see some faint green dots mysteriously appearing on the U.S. map in our survey header. Kim, are you putting them there manually? (Kim is always mucking about in the bowels.) :D

Advocate

That's me mucking around in hip waders. Yeah, I just updated the map again when I saw that EIGHT people had completed the survey.

You guys ROCK!!! I love seeing your little dots pop up on the map.

survey_response_&#.jpg

citybug

It is pretty! I'm blown away. I just searched for xmrv positive and a lot of things came up. Then I tried xmrv+ and these posts came up top!

MEKoan

Wow, you guys, this is amazing! It's crazy that you pulled off such a huge undertaking so quietly!

Amazing!

Truly!

:thumbsup:

C

Cloud

I dig the map....feels a little more connected with everyone. I'm that dot waving to everyone...

hensue

:victory::thumbsup::balloons::Sign Good Job:no that dot is me waving at everyone lol

That was a huge undertaking and Thanks so much!

CBS

Not much to add except a that I really appreciate the very professional job you've done. The page looks great and the questions are well very well written. I'm always struck by the talent found on PR and the rich lives that we all used to live. It comes through loud and clear in a project like this.

Kim, Advocate, Julius, & Anonymous - you rock!

Thank you!

K

_Kim_

how and when will the data be evaluated as you go along or all at one time?

Hensue, I ran a quick summary report on the 9 responses that are in so far. I found the answers to these two questions interesting. 3 out of 9 reported that they'd received a blood transfusion or tissue transplant!

#7 survey chart..JPG

And you are of mixed opinion on trying ARV Therapy
#43 survey chart..JPG

K

_Kim_

This is an excellent survey. Where do the locations come from for the map? The survey only asks what country.
Thanks Wildaisy!! The software picks up your IP address and maps it, so it is accurate only if your IP address is not a proxy. It's approximate, I'd say. The software places a new dot on the map every time someone finishes the survey. I'm just copying that image and inserting in our header. I think I see you on the map now!!

flybro

I am so excited by this survey,

it feels like we're finally going to get some decent diagnositic statistics,

I hope this gets filled in by all XMRV positives, I don'y know how far our reach is, but I hope we have some patient groups getting knowledge of this survey out their.

If people are either bedbound, or without internet connection in the UK, i would be happy to try and help someone fill it via the phone,although that would mess the map up.

If anyone thinks I can be of help with this please PM with and for details.

I haven't been tested so checking out everyones symptoms and seeing how close they are to mine is the next best thing.

again big thanks for the survey.

And all the XMRV poistives, thank you for having courage to get tested wether by co-operating in a study, or by risking your limited funds, and thank loads and loads for filling the survey in, your contributions really are invaluable.

CBS

Labs

Hi Kim & Others,

Question 3 in the XMRV+ survey presents a list of labs/methods that does not allow the respondent to add a new lab/method that is not on the list.

VIP Dx - PCR
VIP Dx - Culture
WPI (as study subject) - PCR
WPI (as study subject) - Culture
WPI (as study subject) - Serology (Antibody)
WPI (as study subject) - Western Blot
Clongen Lab
Direct Resonance Testing

There are other labs testing for XMRV and I know that at least some patients have received their results. Is there a mechanism for writing in a lab/method that isn't listed until the new lab can be added to the permanent list? and if not, could one be added? These other labs are potentially very intersting (perhaps the most interesting) as they could validate the original WPI findings.

Thanks,

Shane