• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV positive and cytokine profile?

I am curious to know what the cytokine profiles are of XMRV positives. As far as I know, increased IL8, MCP1 and MIP1-Beta can indicate XMRV infection. (Other markers are high CD14 and low CD57...)

I am positive on co-culture. My cytokine profile shows all values within normal ranges in serum (Pro-inflammatory cytokines). In Cytokine panel mRNA I have increased values of MIP-1Beta 90 (10-50) and TGF-Beta1 130 (0-30). So, at least one of these markers are high.

(Btw, I also have high CD14 and low CD57)

What are your values? Would be interesting to see similarities/ differences!

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I havent been tested for xmrv but i have chronically elevated cd8 and cd3, other lymphocytes as well as total lymphocytes have been elevated at times, as for cd56(similar to cd57 i believe) i have always tested within normal range but a nk function test showed they dont work very well. cd8 can be from herpes infection like ebv/cmv etc and this number has come down with antivirals but still slightly above normal range.

cheers!!

I am a patient of KDM and have tested negative for XMRV (co-culture, serology. stomach biopsy). Still other values could indicate that I am retrovirus +, i.e. extremely low CD 57 (8), high sCD 14 (almost 11 000), and Nagalase 1,7 (ref. 0,32-0,95). However, my cytokine profile may not be typical - I would be very interested to know whether all XMRV+ patients actually follow the pattern mentioned by Leonora with increased il8, MIP Beta and MCP1 (or at least one of them).

My cytokine values measured in serum are within the ref.renge except for TGF Beta which is elevated and almost 80 000 (ref. 11 400-63 300).

Measured in mRNA il10 is elevated to 175 (ref. 10-80), and TGF Beta is also elevated to 109 (ref. 0-30).

Does anyone of you who are XMRV+ see a similar pattern? Can you rule out XMRV based on cytokine profile or does there exist variences?

Samina

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Samina I think from what I've read there are a lot of variances in results from XMRV+ patients, and they are changing all the time, ie. from one testing period to another. Mine for example showed high CD8, CD3+CD16CD56, CD3+HLADR+, C4a,
Il-2/Il4ratio increased. These results are very different from others I've seen.

Thanks for your reply maryb. I am not really familiar with the results you are referring to - I guess we all take different bloodtests. But since there are quite a few patients of KDM i.e. sharing their experiences at the forum I thought it would be interesting to compare the il8 as well as MIP Beta and MCP1 values since both Judy M. and KDM highlights them as strong indications for XMRV.

I would really appreciate your input if you should have values within the normal referencerange and have tested positive for XMRV. Anyone?

Samina

Dear MaryB...As Samina writes, it's particular interesting to know the cytokine profile and these specific values. Thanks for your answer though ;)