• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

xmrv or dysfunctional immune system

muffin

Intunejune: "Primary immune deficiencies are also "in the genes."

I too agree that a large subset of CFIDS people have genetic issues esp. with their immune system (Mitochondria damage/dysregulation). All i have to do is to look back to my father, his mother, his brother, and the odd tales of previous generations and I can not help but believe there is a rather large component to CFIDS. Now, not all people who get CFIDS will have that genetic damage right out out of the womb - like my husband who must have gotten the virus/pathogen from living with me for 10 years and then got sick for the next 6 years - I have been sick 16 years. I would bet that another subgroup acquires this virus (or other viruses) from contact since apparently XMRV is highly contagious but has a long incubation period. That would make sense with my husband and living with me for ten years, immense stress that damaged his immune system, a virus of some sort, and bang, down he went and has not gotten back up in six years.

Dr. Jonathan Kerr identified those genes that were up and down -regulated.

IntuneJune

Entertwined.............

Or is it spelled, intertwined...... the more I read up on the "facts, the more confused I get, and when I am reading about .... let's say FMS, I run into information that could be for PIDD, or help for celiacs, or was that hypothyroidism, circles, coming and going, I think I just saw the backside of me going out that other door, but I am just walking into the room.

Am I turned around, or is the information turned around, or is it the same......

Yes Muffin, it is curious. I just returned from my date with the IV pole.

June