• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV negative by PCR from Redlabs in Belgium

filfla4

I have just been informed that I'm XMRV negative by PCR. My serology test is not back yet as apparently this is done in the States and takes several months.

Does anyone know what this means? Could it be a false negative?

I have an appointment with KDM in Brussels next week - I can't wait for an explanation! I would consider myself to be 40-50 on the Bell disability scale.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this. I'm not sure what to make of it. :(

Thanks!

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Sorry to hear you haven't got all your results, the waiting is terrible I know, it seems its all we do, just have to get to the appt and take it from there I suppose:( Is it your first appt?

filfla4

Thanks maryb. No this is my second. I had my first appt in November when all the tests were carried out but I haven't started any treatment yet. So hopefully next week!!!!!

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
PCR is not a good test to have (which is why VIP have stopped offering it). It is very high in false negatives. I would have the culture test done instead if possible.

filfla4

Apologies, I just went through my papers again - the test was in fact culture and pcr. Since I was only given the result verbally on the phone, I'd like to see everything in print, hopefully in the next few days.