• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

xmrv + , how will we be treated by ordanary folks

Daffodil

if many austism, cancer, fibromylagia, MS, lyme, and God knows what else, patients carry an MLV-related virus....thats a hell of a lot of people to treat like lepers!

IamME

Too sick for an identity
'Being treated like a leper would be a step up. At least lepers *get* treatment.' I completely agree, Dido x2 for me!!

Plus leprosy now has a proper, de-stigmatized name, Hansen's disease. While we continue to be pummelled by supposedly "accurate" CFS...

Calling ME, chronic fatigue syndrome, is like calling Hansen's disease "unmanageable skin syndrome".

*GG*

Just a thought, i know when HIV first came out, people were very prejuduce(if thats the correct word to use) towards them and werent game to even shake hands with hiv folk in fear of catching this disease. Im wondering if the same will happen to us with xmrv/mlv. Will we be treated as lepers, instead of nut cases now.

cheers!!!

Perhaps, but everyone around me is healthy, and I have been ill for 7 years, so if they have not caught it by now, probably will not? Or perhaps they already have it and there immune system can fight the virus. More study needed!!

Clinical trials now!

serenity

our vet is really good, i have said many times i would like for him to take a look at me instead of the pets - haha! ;)

HAHA yeah I remember that ep, he had kennel cough the same as a dog on the street did, so they went to the vet to get the medication... He did turn a little dog like though!