• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV found in Italian CFS/ME study?

IiME Charity have posted on their Facebook page that news from the Fatigatio - conference in Dortmund, Germany last w.end, confirms that XMRV has been found in Italy by Drs Lorusso and Capelli.

The title of their presentation (below) suggests they were looking for XMRV in ME patients rather than the general population.

Their presentation was on Sat 25th at 13:40: Dr. Lorenzo Lorusso/Dr. Enrica Capelli, Pavia: "CFS/ME in Italy: Clinical Approach and Research in Progress"

link to the the conference programme: http://www.fatigatio.de/index.php?id=185

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
the pubmed article is interesting, those immunological abnormalities mentioned sound alot like me, nk cell dysfunction, increase in cd8 lymphocytes, and cd subset abnormalities. I havent been tested for xmrv yet. Can anyone who has tested positive for xmrv let us know if they also have similar immune abnormalities. Im glad there is a push for more research on xmrv around the world, they just need to push abit harder over in australia.

cheers!!!

the pubmed article is interesting, those immunological abnormalities mentioned sound alot like me, nk cell dysfunction, increase in cd8 lymphocytes, and cd subset abnormalities. I havent been tested for xmrv yet. Can anyone who has tested positive for xmrv let us know if they also have similar immune abnormalities. Im glad there is a push for more research on xmrv around the world, they just need to push abit harder over in australia.

cheers!!!

I think Dr de Meirleir's poster from the XMRV conference would be the best answer to your question - it lists the immune abnormalities in his XMRV+ patients. I think there's another duplicate thread discussing the paper, somewhere, which has a more detailed discussion, but I can't seem to find it right now - it was posted at about the same time so an advanced search focusing on date posted might track it down:

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/sh...-poster-at-the-XMRV-Workshop&highlight=poster