• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV Feeding OFF HORMONES?

I read an old thread and it sounded, all too sounds familiar, From having e coli when I was born to, having my tonsils out aged Five, chicken pox many times. :Retro redface:

Then aged 15 a stressful time my parents split up.? :Retro mad:I developed Really bad Eczema or psoriasis. I was treated with steroid liquids for my head, and cream my mum says it was Psoriasis. And about a year later I developed asthma, the Psoriasis went after 18 months and the asthma after 5 years. Just thinking puberty hormones.

when i was 18 my arm started popping out of the socket and I had a op bone from my hip put in my shoulder blade

Aged nineteen seven months pregnant I developed Lymphoblastic leukaemia they said it could of be hormone related? After my Bone marrow transplant I didnt really recover,but I didnt have many lady hormones, well any I was told its impossible ,Also i couldn't tolerate HRT:(.

When i was Twenty six I had a pretty good health apart from shingles oh and my hair started falling out I had big bald patches. But like the asthma and the Psoriasis cleared up.

then aged 34/35 my lady HORMONES kicked back in And then i got a bad case of shingles, and things have just gone downhill from there.:(

I know this has been the worst time out of all these, even the leukaemia I had loads of support also hope. I was in hospital six months, But now its been six years nearly of unrelenting pain and well you name it.:Retro mad:

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
hormones seem to get a bad rap, but its the balance of hormones that is the key as they help our bodies to regenerate and recovery and bolster or immune systems. I know as men age and start to put on weight their estrogen levels climb and their free testosterone levels drop, this has a weakening effect on their immune system and high estrogen in men is more of a high risk factor for prostate cancer then the once thought of high testosterone, free high testosterone but within healthy limits has shown to be cardio protective. SO i think it really does come down to getting the balance right. we cant just say that estrogen or testosterone or even cortisol for that matter are bad. I have read of bodybuilders experimenting with drugs that block cortisol to help improve their anabolic profile and all they got was lots of aches and pains, they basically destroyed their anti-inflamatory processes and were now full of inflammation.

Hi Daffofil
Ive not been tested No. Im hoping to get tested Soon, with having so much gone wrong, Ive not found any good doctors who dont shuffle you out of the room. Ive ordered a copy of all my hospital notes, then im going down to London to see professor Puri. its hard to really know when it started and if its genetics or the e coli damaged immune system that feeds off stress hormones. Im sure that estrogen & cortisol not been balanced at these times. Its not really clean Cut with me. The doctors have been really Keen in giving me Hrt and sending me on my way.

Hia heapsreal,
I know of bodybuilders, or doormen here In UK. take anabolic steroids and they can really weaken your the heart. But that said they didnt really look after there bodies.
I think when The stress hormone cortisol can whack the estrogen out of balance. or visa versa. But your right! we need the right balance of all hormones.