• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV CROI abstract - Viral Kinetics, Tissue Tropism, and Ser. Markers of Infection

FernRhizome

Spindrift:
I am 100% with you! I can hardly handle the idea that monkeys were involved in this research. I just heard an incredible piece on This American Life about the chimp Lucy who was raised like a human child. It's just dreadful to contemplate animal research. On the other side of the coin, we all used to eat each other! But that's less torture and swifter and it was fairer in the past...I've often wished someone had just eaten me in my first year of illness as would have happened thousands of years ago. ~Fern (still waiting to be eaten)

R

Robin

...I've often wished someone had just eaten me in my first year of illness as would have happened thousands of years ago. ~Fern (still waiting to be eaten)

:tear::tear::tear: You gave me a snort-my-coffee laugh! I've heard people say all kinds of things about CFS but cannabalism therapy is new to me!